My Sweetest Bronxie Boy turned 18 months old. WHAT?!? It's so crazy to me to think how old my kids are getting. Bronx is pretty much awesome. He's so funny and has the best personality. But he can be a little, and when I say a little I mean a LOT, opinionated some times.
His Stats at 18 months: Weight - 23 lbs. 10% Height - 33 inches tall 50%
I was way surprised to see that he was in the 10% for weight. If you know Bronx, it doesn't seem like he's scrawny by looking at him. That's OK, all I care about is that he's happy and healthy!
Funny Story: Dodger has a power wheels 4-wheeler and he's not supposed to ride it unless Andy or I are outside with him, but he'll always take off on it. A few times I've caught him and Bronx riding down the barn road and I'll have to go and chase them, also a few times I've caught them headed to grandma's house. They get in a lot of trouble when they take off like that, especially when Bronx is on with Dodger or if he's followed Dodger. We have too many ponds around our house and I get really worried about my boys falling into them. Anyway, They were outside playing and I was inside on the computer when I heard the little 4-wheeler going, so I went outside to investigate and I saw them headed down my driveway, almost to the pavement, with Bronx sitting on the back holding on to Dodger's tummy. I was yelling for them to stop and chasing them in my flip-flops when Dodger finally heard me and stopped. He got off because he knew he was in trouble, but Bronx just scooted up to the drivers spot, pushed down on the gas and started going. He ran Dodger over and drug him for about 1 foot before I was able to grab him. Luckily Dodger just hopped up and said "I'm OK". It scared me so bad, but now it's so funny. Bronx thinks he's just as big as Dodger.
Sad Story: Bronx learned how to climb out of his crib. This makes me so sad! Life get's so much harder once this happens. Andy called me one night when I was leaving ZUMBA and told me to come home before I went to go clean because he had something to show me. Well when I came in I heard a door upstairs shut and then I saw Bronx standing at the top of the stairs. So he learned how to open doors and climb out of his crib all in one night. Now we have to lock the poor kid in his room so he'll go to sleep.
The first night he fell asleep on the floor with my flip-flops. Then after that he's discovered the chair. This is now his favorite place to fall asleep. We usually find him cuddled up with his blankie and binkie sound asleep in the rocker. He even does this for his naps.
The many positions we've found him in:
His Stats at 18 months: Weight - 23 lbs. 10% Height - 33 inches tall 50%
I was way surprised to see that he was in the 10% for weight. If you know Bronx, it doesn't seem like he's scrawny by looking at him. That's OK, all I care about is that he's happy and healthy!
- He can say: Mom, Mommy, Dad, Daddy, Ball, Cow, Cheese, Bop, Drink (dink), More (mo), Teeth, Blankie (bankie), Hi, Bye, ME (which he yells at us when he wants something, or if he wants to do something), Pee (he says this if anyone goes potty), Baby, Hat, Water, Milk, Juice, Hold Me (this sounds a lot like mommy), Doggy, What (he says this if you say his name), Cookie
- He loves to sing and dance and will usually do it on command. His songs are always one word that he says the whole time like "na na naaaaa, naanana"
- He's a big boy now and went to nursery for the first time all by himself and didn't cry at all. It's so nice to have Dodger in there with him.
- If you ask him a question he'll answer with a very pronounced mm-hmm (yes) or uh-uh (no) and shake his head with his answer.
- He's a pretty good eater and will most likely eat whatever we're having for dinner. His favorites are: cheese, milk, apple & orange juice, bread, yogurt, apples, anything sweet (of course), broccoli, and carrots and ranch
- He can understand everything. If I ask him to go and get me something he will, or to go and throw something away. He knows when we say we are leaving and always wants to go and if he hears a truck pull up he always says "daddy!"
- He loves to go on the 4-wheeler with whoever is willing to take him
- Loves animals. Always wants to see them and be close to them, but if he gets to close he freaks out a little bit and starts shaking.
Funny Story: Dodger has a power wheels 4-wheeler and he's not supposed to ride it unless Andy or I are outside with him, but he'll always take off on it. A few times I've caught him and Bronx riding down the barn road and I'll have to go and chase them, also a few times I've caught them headed to grandma's house. They get in a lot of trouble when they take off like that, especially when Bronx is on with Dodger or if he's followed Dodger. We have too many ponds around our house and I get really worried about my boys falling into them. Anyway, They were outside playing and I was inside on the computer when I heard the little 4-wheeler going, so I went outside to investigate and I saw them headed down my driveway, almost to the pavement, with Bronx sitting on the back holding on to Dodger's tummy. I was yelling for them to stop and chasing them in my flip-flops when Dodger finally heard me and stopped. He got off because he knew he was in trouble, but Bronx just scooted up to the drivers spot, pushed down on the gas and started going. He ran Dodger over and drug him for about 1 foot before I was able to grab him. Luckily Dodger just hopped up and said "I'm OK". It scared me so bad, but now it's so funny. Bronx thinks he's just as big as Dodger.
Sad Story: Bronx learned how to climb out of his crib. This makes me so sad! Life get's so much harder once this happens. Andy called me one night when I was leaving ZUMBA and told me to come home before I went to go clean because he had something to show me. Well when I came in I heard a door upstairs shut and then I saw Bronx standing at the top of the stairs. So he learned how to open doors and climb out of his crib all in one night. Now we have to lock the poor kid in his room so he'll go to sleep.
The first night he fell asleep on the floor with my flip-flops. Then after that he's discovered the chair. This is now his favorite place to fall asleep. We usually find him cuddled up with his blankie and binkie sound asleep in the rocker. He even does this for his naps.
The many positions we've found him in:
We have a pretty good system now for bedtime, and if he's tired it works pretty good. We rock-a-bye him for a few minutes, and then ask him where he wants to sleep, and then lay him down with his blankie and bop and tell him we'll be back in to check on him. When we get back he's usually asleep or waiting but most likely he's in the same spot we left him in.

3 comments:
OH my crazy kid! If he's taking off driving now, what's he going to do when he's older with the real car??? I am sorry he won't stay in his bed. Levi hasn't climbed out of his bed for a few weeks now...I think I nipped that habit in the bud real quick! But those pictures of Bronx asleep in the chair are so cute!
Bronx is so cute, he is one of my favorites. He is so dang smart too it's funny. You forgot that he knows how to say "I'm so sorry." ;). I'm glad we all hang out so I can watch your kids grow up to be so awesome.
So cute! Bronx is such a sweetheart. Lucy can climb out of her crib, but she can't open doors yet, so we still have a little control!
Post a Comment