
Today’s the 1st of May,
Today’s the 1st of MAY, MAY, MAY
Today’s the 1st of May,
Today’s the 1st of May!
This is a song that my Mom has sung to us ever since I can remember. When we were little and we’d wake up on this day and go out to eat breakfast, she would always be singing this song, and I loved it! Her and my Grandma would always call and sing it to each other, and now it’s a tradition in my family to call everyone on May 1st and sing this song. All growing up I thought that this day must be a holiday because it had its own special song. When I would sing this song to my friends, I soon realized that it was just a fun made up song by my Mom’s family. I’m actually not sure where it came from, but since my Mom and Grandma would always sing it, I’m assuming it came from my Grandma’s line. I love this song! It is one of my very favorite memories of my Mom. She’s the sweetest, kindest, most loving lady in all Eternity. It’s things like hearing her sing this sweet simple song that I miss the most.
P.S. I want to tell our niece Zoee HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY!

11 comments:
Tell Zoee happy b-day for me too! I love that kid! Happy first of May leece, that is the coolest story about your mom.
I totally remember you always singing that song! I actually was writing the date today and thought about that song!!! Ahh Love Kath :)
k it's a date! sometime we'll eat candy and send our husbands off to chores!
I just wish I could hear you sing it on your blog!! What a fun memory! Funny how sometimes the littlest things are what really mean the most!!
I can honestly say I've never heard that song but it's quite catchy!!:) I love that you appreciate little things like that about your mom! That is so sweet! It really makes me want to cherish every moment and conversation I have with my mom. Thanks.
What a cute engagement story. ahhhhhhh! I love the song. I just love family traditions. Its great and very important that you carry them on. Your awesome and will be a great mom some day! It sounds like you had a very good example!
I totally remember your mom singing that song. She was such a sweet and special lady! I think about you all the time! Call me on Mothers Day if you need to talk!! I love ya!
My name is Pete
I'm really beat!
I love to flip
and eat Kath's dip!
Of course you can use any of the templates you would like any time!
Oh P.S. Sorry about spelling your name wrong on my house post! I don't know where the Y came from.
Hey Leece I need your address!
I think someone should check her email... :)
Post a Comment