
My brother in law Kenny has had this big water tank storage thing down at the barn for a while that he’s planning on making into a granary. It’s seriously really big, and he has two.

So Andy see’s this and thinks “I could make something really cool with that”. So he trades a few posts and Kenny lets him have a section of it. When I look at something like this, I think “what a mess, where on earth are we going to keep that, and what in the heck are we going to do with it?” But obviously I don’t see things like Andy does, because this is what he came up with. He made it into an awesome tack shed. He poured a slab of cement, put the thing on it, and then welded it together. Inside he welded saddle holders, and halter and bridal holders.

Then he made it all fancy and put horse shoes on the end of them (this is also so the sharp metal edges don’t cut us). Probably the coolest part is the door and lock. I don’t know how well the picture shows it, but it is so tricky. There is no way I could have ever thought of something like this, and there’s for sure no way I could have ever done it.

We put it on our property, down by the arena, so some day when we build our barn we can have it, the tack shed, and the arena all close together. I think it makes a really good little set up.
12 comments:
So crafty leece! I can't believe he just thought of that!
Yea I've been waiting for an update. You and Andy are always up to something. And you are such the cowgirl! I love it! So have you guys started building your house?? Are you north or south of Andy's parents?
What a tricky guy!! I always wonder what you are up to when we pass you when we are out checking on the pigs!! What a good wife - sometimes is it fun to be able to spend "creative" time together!! Good job Andy!
You guys are just like us, always doing some sort of project, it's so much fun that way though when you can say you did it by yourself. Love the creative touches Andy!
Good grief, I love you guys! I'm not surprised at all. You guys are so funny. Always up to something. :)
Oh I wish you could see the video of Cole dancing....I'm up for bribes :) haha kidding.
Wow! Andy is pretty creative and handy! I'm impressed!!
That really is a cool tack shed. It sure beats the one I grew up with!
Wow! I am going to have to look inside that tack shed one of these days. I had no idea it was so cool inside - good job Andy! Kenny liked it so much he wants to use the other end to make a tack shed for us - it probably won't be near as cool inside since Kenny didn't inherit the creative jeans that Andy did - oh well!
What are you guys doing this weekend? Jack, Paris and I are coming down. We should all do lunch. Do you have plans?
Ha! Yea I don't know how it would work with Cash either but its something I've always wanted so he might have to hitch a ride with dad on that one...
p.s. cool dog on top of your truck!!hahaha. I was laughing hard when you guys drove by when we were walking! so funny!
Leece!!! I know I have been feeling very left out not having one so with summer I have time! How are you guys doing?? Cute freakin horse....tell andy his storage shed sucks....ha ha jk it's way cool
Post a Comment