On Thursday night Jeff went fishing at Lake Powell, Andy went on the truck with Kenny, and I was playing in Midnight Madness, so my dad, Chelsa and the girls came over to the baseball field to get some dinner and watch a little softball. I was on the Ivins’ team and our first game was at 7:45. We won that game, and then found out that our next game wasn’t until 1:45 AM! Anyway, we lost that game, and then lost the game after that, so we were home by 4 AM. Just enough time to get a few hours of sleep before I had to wake up at 6:30 to go run the 5K. I was so nervous to run, I don’t know why because I knew I wouldn’t do good, I’m definitely not a runner. I ran with my sister-in-laws Jody and Suzie, Jody even pushed her baby in a stroller the whole time. Anyway, after I ran Andy and I didn’t wait around for the awards we just hurried home to go shower and get ready for the parade. Then later that day I ran into a lady and she told me that I had won 3rd place in my division. I have no idea how many people there were in my age category, but who cares I got a medal!
The parade was fun as usual. We got a nice shady spot on the church lawn, and put chairs by the road so the kids could sit out there and get candy. After the parade we went and got in line for yummy kabob’s, funnel cake, and snow cones. Then we went home and took a nap to get all refreshed and ready for the rest of the day. We had a BBQ at my dad’s house, then Andy and I went on a Motorcycle ride. After we got back we went and got everything ready to go down to the park and listen to the concert and watch fireworks. The fireworks were so good this year, I feel like they just keep getting better, I LOVE it!
On Saturday we had planned on going to Arch’s in Moab, but decided that it was too hot for the kids, so instead we hung out in Blanding and went to the pool. The kids had so much fun! Even little Brighton and Savannah were going down the slide. After the pool we all got ready to go to Moab to dinner and a show at the Bar M Chuck wagon. This place is a lot like the Bar D in Durango, except it’s not as far of a drive but it’s also not as big. They did put on a really cute gun-fight, and music show though. After we got home everyone put the kids to bed and we all stayed up and talked. This was one of my favorite parts of the weekend.
Sunday everyone went back over to my dad’s for dinner. The kids were going crazy after such a busy weekend, so very quickly after we ate they all packed up and went home.
Our 4th of July weekend is always so busy! All my family loves to come to Blanding and celebrate; It’s definitely one of my favorite Holiday’s.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. I'm still waiting on more from my sisters though.
Beofre the fireworks began Andy and Jeff decided to play catch.
Kennedi is such a good big sister to Brighton. She just leads her around like this all the time. We were at the cemetary before they went home and they were walking all over the place like this and Kennedi said "we're wearing ourselves out!"... So funny!
Andy and I relaxing and listeing to the music at the park, and hanging out with the fam.
Waiting for the fireworks to start.
Ben, Savannah, Kennedi, and Alex in the Moab Stage Coach at Bar M. They are all such posers.
Andy teaching the kids how to rope.
After a while of him showing these guys how to rope, a whole group of people came over and were wanting to learn, so then Andy started helping them. It was so funny, they were taking pictures and videoing him. He was quite the roping coach.
After dinner, we were just all hanging out enjoying the nice weather.
Andy, My Dad, Billy, David, Michelle, Savannah and Amber sitting outside the Bar M.

11 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I wish we could have been there this year for the fourth.
I can't wait to see you guys next week! Do you have any ideas for what you want to do while you are here?I need to start planning the agenda!
We really need to do the Chuckwagon in Moab. I love the one in Durango. I don't know if I can get Nick to go for it though. It looks like you guys had a great fourth! Hey send me your email address- jeanine_parson@hotmail.com
Hey Leece, if you ever need to come into town for a drink or snowcone you know where to find me :)
Looks like your 4th was full of fun! Wish I could have seen you more! We really do need to hang out one of these times I come down!
Really, could your niece (I think Kennedi?) look anymore like you?? Lucky girl! She's seriously like your mini-me! I'm coming down next weekend and staying for a week (splitting time between Colorado & Blanding) but if you can spare sometime we should go do something.
Hey you!! I about fell out of my chair when I saw the comment was from you. The crazy thing is, is that I was thinking about you the other day wondering where the heck you were these days. I forget your from blanding!! Do you know Klint York? He is married to my best friend and he is from over there. How are you?! You look so happy and good! I'm glad you found me. How did you? well lets keep in touch!!
Your family is so cute! It was so good to finally see you. Hope to see you again sometime!
Hey I wasnt sure where to call you at but Cole called so I'm leaving in like half an hour. Sorry I didnt get to see you again!
4th of July in Blanding is the best, expecially when you have all of your family there! It sounds like you guys had an eventful weekend! Congratulations on winning 3rd place in the 5K!! I was going to run but chickened out! I think we would have been in the same age category and you would have kicked my butt!!!:)
Leece I didn't even see you guys over the 4th. You look tiny in those pics though....what's your secret? Ciera and Brock are doing really good. Isn't that a cute name and cute baby?
I love the pic of the two of you on the blanket-it's so cute! Blanding's 4th of July's are my fav!
Post a Comment