A few weekends ago Andy and I decided to take our camp trailer and motorcycles and go camping up on the Blue Mtn. We went for a motorcycle ride when we got there up past Shell Rock to Skyline trail. We didn't go across Skyline though, it was getting dark and we were planning a big ride for the next day, so we just went back to our camp. There were so many people camping that weekend that we almost couldn't find a spot. But eventually we came across the prettiest place that I think it will be our new camping site. We called my Dad and talked him and Billy into coming up the next morning so we could go and find some trails.
We started at the camp Jackson trail, and took it across to the Dude Ranch, and then we went up Wagon Wheel to the towers, then we took a side trail back to the Main mountain road by Indian creek (I think). It was a pretty long ride, but it was SO fun! I was pretty sore by the time we finally got back to camp. We ended up taking a nap before we packed up and went back to Blanding. I only tipped my bike over 4 times, and only wanted to cry once! I think that was pretty good. Haha…. Some of the places were pretty rocky, so if you put that with a down hill slope it's kind of hard! But we had a blast! It was so pretty and relaxing up there, I hope we can go again this year before it gets to cold.
We had to stop and take a picture of this pretty view! You can see the Bear's Ears in the back.
This is after we had made it back to the main road and were headed back to camp.
Andy and I went a little slower than my Dad on our way back to camp so we could explore some of the side roads. This is at Indian Creek.
Andy and my Dad at the Towers.

7 comments:
Oh the good ol Blues. I haven't been back there forever, I miss it. You probably saw my dad up there on his dirt bike. Since he retired he spends about 90% of his time on the mountain. I remember Scott talking about you and that you were from Blanding, it's nice to put a face to a name! I'll let him know you said hi, I'm sure he'll a funny comment for you soon.
way, way fun guys. Good job. We better hurry and get all of the summer in that we can cause it's going to get cooold soon...:(... p.s., who's Billy?
Way fun!! I've never learned how to ride a motorcycle yet, the ones we have a giant ones like Andy's in the picutres. So I just stick to fourwheeling! Maybe someday! I love the trails that you went on. Those are the ones we go on when we go up to our cabin. The views are amazing!
Super fun weekend! Only you look way to little in that picture of you and Andy on your bikes! You hardly look big enough to ride it! Hee hee hee. Good thing you are super tough!!!
That looks awesome! Makes me want some motorcycles!
I'm sure Andy just loves that his wife like to ride with him! That's such a fun thing for you guys to do together! What a pretty view up on our own Blue Mountain huh? You look pretty cool on your bike too.:)
You guys are so much fun! We were so excited that we saw you "on the trail" that day! You are so nice and you're always doing such fun things!
Post a Comment