
Andy and Steve F. framing up the first set of walls.

We filled these holes with cement for footers. It seems weird to me too.

Steve B. helping with the walls.

Andy down in the hole framing up the footers.

There it is all framed up and ready for concrete!

The forms we used are SOO heavy and awkward. At least for me. After each use we have to scrap each one and spray them with form oil.

Another view. To form it up so the concrete wont end up bowing the walls we have to put 2x4's up all over the place to make it extra sturdy!

Happy Day!

The truck's here to start pouring.

Filling the holes. Poor Steve F. was the one down in the bottom getting splattered with cement.

My shadow to prove that I was there :)

They use that little box on top of the wall like a funnel so the concrete doesn't go everywhere.

This would be way scary to me. They have to switch places on top of the forms.

Kenny helping with the finish work.

One of our best helpers Kade!

I was trying to be artistic with my photos.

I thought this was so funny. The cement truck driver had his head in the hole.

I guess the cement was having troubles coming out of the chute, so Andy climbed up the chute to help it out.









8 comments:
Oh that is so exciting! I am excited that you will have it all framed over THanksgiving! WOW! Thats cools. It is so nice that you have such a big and helpful/knowledgeable family that can help you guys with it. Its going to be awesome
I bet you are so excited! It is coming along great! Keep us updated.
Wow, you guys have been working hard. I love that you are describing the pictures, otherwise I would be lost. The Francom kids look like they were good helpers:). I can't believe how big Taylor has gotten. I am way excited for you guys.
Wowsers! You guys have been busy! It's looking great!
Hey! The house looks like it is coming along great! Far and I drove by last night and there were lights on so we slowed way down to try and see what work had been done, but it was too dark!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Good luck with the framing.
You got some great pictures! It is very educational to see how it is all done - so much work goes into building a house! I am excited to see it get framed over the weekend - Yay!
Looks like it's coming along great! That's exciting!
WOW!!!!! I am so jealous! I'm so sick of living in apartments. Can we move in with you?
Post a Comment