Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tonsillectomy & Goose Eggs

We ended up having to cut our California trip short because Andy got sick. At first we thought it was just allergy's but after we were home we decided that he had better go to the doctor because his glands were swollen so big! The doctor(s) decided he needed to have his tonsils out, which is a really good thing since Andy has been wanting them out since before we were married. He had to go back to the doctor a few times for blood work and test to see when his infection was enough gone so he could get the surgery. Well, one of those times he had to get a really big shot in his hiney, and while they were doing it he passed out and fell face first onto the cement floor of the hospital! There was no warning he was going and since he was standing up he had a really long way to fall and ended up landing right on his head. I guess right before he went he told the nurse that he thought he was going to pass out and then not even a second later he was on the floor. I was so sad I missed it! Luckily he was OK, he just had a REALLY big goose egg for a few days. :)



The surgery went really good and he is feeling almost all better now. They said that they were the biggest tonsils they had ever seen, so I'm happy we got them out.


Then, a few days ago Dodger was playing by the window while I was vaccuuming out the window sill. He ended up slipping and falling right on the edge of a piece of granite we have for our bathroom and it sliced his head open and gave him a big 'ol goose egg to match his daddy.


It's nothing a popsicle won't fix of course.


These are really bad pictures but it's hard to get him to hold still!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I was feeling really bad for Andy until I saw the pictures of Dodgers goose egg.:( Poor thing! I'm glad Andy's feeling better though.

Jessie said...

Dodger wanted to be just like his daddy!!!

ps. Grant would totally be the guy to pass out during a shot. So let Andy know that he is not alone!

Chey said...

Poor guys