Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My First Getaway!

This past weekend we decided to follow the football team and most of the town to Cedar City to watch them play, and win, in the state game. It also happened to be Bronx's first out of town trip. It was a much needed getaway for both Andy and I. Andy has been working so much lately, for a few weeks he would go into work around 5 AM and not come home until around 10 PM, and during those few weeks he even worked clear through the night a couple of days. So it was really nice to go somewhere and just relax!

On Friday night we stayed in Cedar at a hotel with a pool. Dodger and I went swimming, but only after we were locked out of the pool in our swimsuits and no shoes outside, and then when we went back to our room we were also locked out of it. Andy and Bronx were with us too, so I wasn't too happy to have a 1 month old out in the freezing cold. Even the master key wouldn't get us in, so they ended up having to break in through the window with a crowbar.

While in Cedar I was able to go to my friend Moniece's baby shower, do a little shopping and just hang out and be lazy. The football game was FREEZING! But it didn't seem to bother Dodger at all. He made friends with everyone around us. He was eating licorice with the guy to our right, stealing popcorn from the people to our left and even sat with the people in front of us for about 20 minutes and cuddled with them in their blanket.





Bronx just slept the whole time while I held him. I think he may have been the warmest person there.


Andy is teaching Dodger all about football. He's getting him ready for highschool :)


After the game we headed down to St. George so we could visit my grandparents and let them meet Bronx. My grandpa is always so cute with the little kids and will sit and hold them and play with them.




Dodger was having so much fun playing peek-a-boo with my grandma. I think she was really enjoyng it too. I wish I would have had my video camera.


I think this is a pretty funny picture of Bronx. It shows how chubby his cheeks are.


Our motel had a walk-in-shower and Dodger loved it. He's really starting to have fun when we stay in motels.


Traveling with kids is a challenge, but we're getting better at it, hopefully this was enough practice that we will be all ready for our next trip... Christmas shopping!

4 comments:

Francom Family said...

What cute chubby cheeks. My kids love walk-in showers too. It sounds like Dodger is Mr. Social I can't believe I don't really even know the kid, it makes me sad. Hope to see you soon. If you come up here Christmas shopping we would love to see you, your even welcome to stay with us, but if your too busy we understand.

jackster said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip! I was just about to complain about needing to see more pictures of Bronx! His cheeks are adorable. Are you going to be in Blanding next week?

Steve & Darcell Bogner said...

It may have been freezing, but you all look so cuddly warm. I'm up dating my Christmas card address book, would you mind sending me your address. Thank you Steve and Darcell
stevdarbogner@gmail.com

Buehlers said...

Adorable.