Saturday morning we all met at my Dad's house and then headed out exploring. I kind of took charge this year and decided where we were going. I always hear people talking about the Dollhouse Ruin and I really wanted to see it, so I talked everyone into going there. It was a pretty long drive, but I think it was worth it. Once we got there and parked our cars we had a little bit of a hike to get to it. Luckily I have an awesome husband who packed both of my kids so all I had to get down the path was me and the diaper bag. The ruin is still in such good shape. It's almost completely still in tact. It's pretty small, I thought there may be more than just one ruin around the area, but it was the only one we saw. After we explored that for a little while we headed back up the trail and then stopped at the top to have a picnic before heading home.
Later that night we met back up at my dad's (minus Michelle's family this time) and went out to the 4th Reservoir to go fishing. I like to fish, but this time it was not very fun for me. The bugs were so bad, and plus trying to keep a 2 year old from falling in the water while holding onto a baby on a little dock thing made me a crazy woman! I couldn't relax, I just wanted to leave. But I think everyone else had a lot of fun. Dodger was able to reel in his first fish ever! I think this gave Andy fishing fever because him and Dodger have already been out a few times since then.
(I uploaded my pictures backwards, and I didn't want to fix them)
I know it's small, but I was still pretty proud.
I'm not sure what Dodger thought about the fish. He liked to look at them but not so much to touch them.
Grandpa helping Kennedi
Dodger and Carter liked throwing rocks in the water. It kept them entertained for a little while until they realized everyone else was on the dock thing and then they wanted to be on there too.
Jeff, Andy, Kennedi, Dad, Carter, Brighton
Alex, Kennedi, Brighton
Bronx was holding up the walls so it didn't fall over on us.
Dodger got to get inside for a little bit, I think it would have freaked me out to be in there.
Dodger & Carter
Dad & Billie
The Dollhouse Ruin
Michelle, Chelsa and I
Andy had to make sure and hold onto Bronx so Dodger didn't push him out the window.
These good guys carried the little ones in and out so we didn't have too.
Stopping for lunch.
On our way home we stopped at a little overlook to look down into Dark Canyon. It is so pretty down there.
Chelsa, Carter, Jeff, Dad, Billie, Dodger, Andy ( Jeff's girls were with David and Michelle and they left a little before us so they didn't stop and see this)

No comments:
Post a Comment