Thursday, November 14, 2013

Trip to Washington to Visit the Cook's

I really wanted to go and visit Amber and her family in Washington.  At first we had planned that Andy was going to come with me, Then we decided I would just take the baby and go alone. Then we decided I would take all of the kids by myself and Andy would stay and finish the master bathroom.  THEN we decided to invite Michelle to go along with me and the kids.  She came with us, and we drove all the way up to Dave and Marlene's house in Tremonton the first day.  Then the rest of the way to Amber's the next day.  Bronx was getting a little car sick, I think from watching movies while we were driving, so we had to stop at Wal-Mart and get him a throw up bucket.  They were all troopers the whole time and great travelers.  Michelle and I made a deal that I would pay for the gas to get there and she would pay for the food.  It worked out good, and she ended up spoiling the kids with Happy Meals at every stop.  They loved it.

We had so much fun at Amber and Daves house, besides all of the fits my kids were throwing.  Even though, Michelle and I loved getting to hang out with Amber, and play with her kids.  Amber fed us great all day, and entertained us.  They had just bought a house so it was fun to get to see it.

Stihl and Zac had fun playing together.  They are such cute little cousins.  Stihl LOVED Uncle Dave.  Dave would babysit all the kids so us girls could hang out a little bit.  Even Dave's mom Pauline came over and babysat so we could go shopping.  It was so nice, and the kids all had a great time with her.   We went to a couple different parks, had dance parties, organized Amber's pantry, went to dinner, shopping, made wreaths, the kids crafted and made superhero masks, rode bikes, went for walks, and stayed up way to late every night.  It was so fun!

When it was time for us to come home, Michelle and I decided to wake up extra early and get on the road.  We wanted to try and make it the whole way home in one day, which we did!  It was a little crazy and we were pretty tired, but it was way worth it to not have to get the kids out of the car only to have to put them right back in the next morning.

When I got home, Andy had done so much on the bathroom.  The tile all looks amazing!  I love it, it is now one of my most favorite places in our house. 






















































No comments: