Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Wedding!

Friday was a crazy day of phone calls, checking lists, and arriving family. On my lunch break I went home and made 3 sheet cakes for the reception on Saturday. I was going to try to make 6 but the night before Andy informed me that I was too stressed and to have Suzie make them. This put her sheet cake count up to I believe 12. Not to mention she then frosted the cakes and made strawberry sauce to put on top of it all! She never even batted an eye. I love Suzie! Anyway… after work I hurried home to change and get ready to go to the temple. This was a very exciting night. Michelle took out her own endowments and I got to be her escort. It was such a neat experience, that I don’t think either of us will ever forget. I’m so happy that she would let me be such a big part of her SPECIAL day. Michelle did so good at the temple, I know my Mom is so proud of her. All of our family (Jeff, Chelsa, Amber, Dave, Dad, Mom, Grandma J., Grandma & Grandpa Q., Aunt Carolyn and Dan) were all able to attend, and of course David was there and most of his family too. We got home at around 10 PM and decided to get a head start on the decorating for the reception. So we went up to the church and set up tables/chairs and decided where things would go. We were pretty tired so that was basically the extent of our decorating that night.

On Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for the WeDdInG!! Andy and I hurried really fast so we could go up to my dad’s before we headed over to the temple and help them finish getting ready. Then we rode over to Monticello with Jeff, Chelsa and Brighton. When we got there I hurried inside to see if Michelle needed some help getting ready, and when I walked in Matron Shirley Jack came up to me and was all “where have you been? You were supposed to be here early to help her!” I felt SOOO bad because the night before I had asked the lady that was helping us if I needed to come early with Michelle and she said “No, just the bride and groom need to be here early” she obviously didn’t know! But it was ok, things worked out fine. The ceremony was Beautiful!! President Jack performed it and he did a great job. After, Amber, MaryHelen and I went and helped Michelle get into her dress and got her all ‘fancy’. Then it was outside to the cold for pictures. Brooke did the pictures and after the family ones were done, we all left so she could just focus on Michelle and David and their cutest little family. MaryHelen was making dinner at the Old Tymer at 2, so until then we pretty much just laid around ( I know I probably should have been at the church decorating, but a little rest and relaxation was definitely needed.) The dinner was really good, she made; meatballs, stir-fry vegetables, Chicken and ham fried rice, and then white rice, with Black Cow (chocolate delight) for dessert. After dinner we got busy! We all met up at the church (Andy, Amber, Jeff, Chelsa, Dad, MaryHelen and I) and really started to work. I was very happy to see when we arrived that the backdrop and centerpieces were already decorated and made (thanks to Lynne). We really were only there decorating for about an hour, I think that has to be some kind of record. So then we went home, had some more rest and relaxation, then got ready and headed back up there. The whole night turned out to be really good. Michelle and David seemed pleased about it, and that is really all that matters. That is if they even noticed anything go on around them, they were too LOVE struck!

The bride and groom were happy, the reception was beautiful, the little girls were darling and the food turned out really yummy.
My new niece Zoee
Jeff Chelsa & Brighton

Savannah


Chelsa & me
I was so excited when Jackie came!
I told you it was yummy food

10 comments:

Kerry said...

That sounds like it went wonderfully! I am so glad it turned out well! What a big job!Now you are the wedding planning expert...who else do you know who needs a wedding planner?

jackster said...

You did such a good job leece! Michelle looked so good. Are they back yet?

Brittany said...

Sounds like the wedding went great!! Michelle looked really beautiful! It's so cool that you were able to go through the endowment session with her! That is such a special time, especially when it's the first time. You did a great job decorating! You now need to take a break and get some much needed rest.:)

Kenny and Amber said...

Alicia, you are an awesome sister. What a great opportunity to go through the temple with your sister! I don't know very many people that could - or would - step up and do all the "mom" stuff for a wedding. You are my hero! I feel bad weren't able to make it to the reception - it looks like it was beautiful! Take a break, you deserve it!

Tiffany P. said...

ok, so tell me who made the cake, it is cute and fun! I am in cake mode so thats what I noticed. 3 cute little new sisters, how fun is that? I need to learn to sew so I can make cute little dresses for my daughers.

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

vxThe wedding turned out so good!! You did great. How stressful!

summer c said...

Oh my gosh! Michelle looks so beautiful! Her dress is hot! I am so happy for her! They look so happy together. Yea for love :)

jackster said...

Did you freeze them? You have to freeze them for like exactly 2 hours and then if some of them start to get soft while you're frying them you have to put them back in the freezer for a few minutes or they'll fall apart. Did I give you the recipe or did someone else?

Cori Carpenter said...

It sounds like everything went great! Everything looked beautiful to! You did a great job! Loved all the pictures!

Paris said...

Michelle looked so beautiful! How neat that you got to be there for her endowments. I know your mom was there and was SO proud of both of you:) I love ya leece!