Thursday, June 19, 2008

20 Years

20 Years ago…
1. I was 2 years and 10 months old
2. I’m sure I was always over at Palmer’s house playing with Scott and Nicole.
3. I loved to bother my older brother and sisters and their friends.

10 Years ago…
1. I was a Beehive and LOVED going to the temple in Manti.
2. I’m not sure what grade I was in but I know it was middle school. We had a huge group of friends that did everything together. One of my favorites was walking down to Truck Stop at lunch and having curly fries and mayonnaise (mmm healthy!)
3. I played Volleyball and loved it, and Basketball and hated it!
4. I took dance classes from Lori Farr
5. I always had friends over to my house for either Night Games or to just hang out in my basement. These were definitely awkward boy crazy years!
6. We used to beg our moms until finally they would take us and drop us off at the dam for hours at a time.

5 Years ago…
1. I was 17 and had just graduated from High School.
2. I knew I wanted to go to school in Cedar and go into Business (so I could wear business suits)
3. I was dating Andy, and I was SO excited when he decided to go to School in Cedar for a semester before his mission. And I was so sad when he left, but Jackie and Cole would take me on dates with them.
4. I lived with Jackie and Amber at Stadium Way. It was a blast, except for the carpet was gross and you couldn’t walk around bare foot without getting black feet.
5. Jackie and I had to share a teeny-tiny closet, but somehow made it work.
6. Worked at Tast of Hawaii, where I worked the whole time I lived in Cedar, and I loved it.

3 Years ago…
1. I was still at school in Cedar City.
2. We moved to a way nicer apartment.
3. Jackie and Amber got married. I was way sad that Jackie wasn’t going to be living with me anymore, and I cried a lot!
4. Andy was still on his mission.
5. Found out my mom had Cancer.

1 Year ago…
1. It was a year since my mom had passed away, and definitely not any easier.
2. Andy and I had been married for 6 months, and had just moved home from Logan for the summer.
3. We just bought my scooter.
4. We got our dog Ruby.

So far this year…
1. I’ve gotten a dirt bike and a 4-wheeler.
2. Sent my Mother and Father-in-law on a mission to Africa.
3. Started building our house.

Yesterday I…
1. Went to work
2. Watered our garden and flowers
3. Watered my dad’s garden and flowers while he is in St. George
4. Learned how to jump my motorcycle

Today I…
1. Will work until 4
2. Make Banana Bread
3. Send out invoices for the Bed & Breakfast
4. Paint my toes

Tomorrow I…
1. Will go camping up at the Bear’s ears again
2. Will ride my motorcycle with Andy and Taylor all the way out to the Bear’s ears

In The Next Year I…
1. Hope to have our house done enough to move into
2. Will hopefully go to Africa to visit my Mother and Father-in-law on their mission
3. Go on a beach vacation
4. Go and visit Tony & Kerry in Kansas

Now I tag Amber Black, Kerry and Lindsay

8 comments:

Tiffany P. said...

Hey! I made banana bread yesterday!!! It is so good, I found the best recipe on allrecipes.com. Bomb website.

Brittany said...

I totally remember you hanging out with Scott & Nicole while I hung out with your sister Michelle & Tiffany.:) Those were the good ol' days!! I'm impressed at your dirt bike riding skills in such a short period of time. Go Alicia!! But please be careful!

LindseyFae* said...

I love reading those! I didn't know you guys were building a house, too! Congrats!

The Haggerty Family said...

I'm so glad you found me! Please add me to your friends list. Looks like you are doing so good! Do you still have my number?

jackster said...

I loved that post Leece, I was sad to leave you too :) To this day I still tell people about curly fries and mayonnaise and they all think I'm crazy! I forget about how fun stadium way was...the black carpet, the stinky salmon, the stinky fishbowl, Russ, Hambone's seizure, haha!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Love the post. Great memories huh! We were the bomb. I love that you have a motorcycle and are learning how to jump it!!

The Haggerty Family said...

No cell service in blanding??? You crazy girl! I will email you. What is your email?

Ally said...

I am so excited you have a blog!!! we can get to know each other through the blog world! :) I hope we can meet in person someday too! Love your blog by.the.way!