Wednesday, August 13, 2008

County Fair

I love the fair!! I look forward to it every year, and this year was no exception.

On Wednesday was the Farm Bureau Talent Find and Amber and Kenny are in charge of it each year, and this year they asked me to help and be one of the judges. It was kinda nerve racking, but turned out really good. The kids did such a good job and they were all so cute! At the end of the talent show my clogging class the "Clogghoppers" and the other clogging class were able to perform for a time filler. My class did a dance to Rascal Flatts "Me and my Gang". It turned out pretty good. It is so much fun, I think everyone should join clogging.

Thursday night was the Darryl Worley concert. He had Charlie Jenkins open for him. In my opinion (and everyone who went with us) Charlie put on a better show. Andy and I went with Taylor and his date Karah, Brielle and her friend Jolene Kirk. We had so much fun. We went and got pizza first and then Brielle and Jo were able to go backstage and meet Darryl. After Charlie Jenkins performed Brielle, Jo, Karah and I went and got his autograph. It was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing. I bought 2 of his CD's and we have been listening to them ever since.


Taylor, Karah, Jo and Brielle

Charlie Jenkins

Karah, Jo, Charlie, Brielle, Me and Stetson (Amber and Kenny's baby)

Darryl Worley (it's really hard to see, but Brielle and Jo are standing up by the stage dancing)

Friday turned out to be a pretty somber day in Blanding. 3 guys from Blanding, Kim Acton, Brian Bayles, and Eric Johnson were all killed in a plane crash just outside of Monticello. I feel so bad for the poor families of these men. It makes me realize that no matter how bad we think our life is, there is always someone who has it worse than us, and we should be looking for ways to help those people, and not always worried about ourselves. Friday night Nicole and James Francom invited Andy and I and a bunch of other friends up the mountain to James grandparents cabin. It's up at Camp Jackson, and man o man is it pretty! Everyone was camping but we had to be to the fair early the next morning so we just rode our motorcycle and 4-wheeler up from the cattle guard. Then of course on the way home it RAINED on us.

Saturday was the sale/auction for the Jr. livestock. I got to help Kenny and Amber with the invoices, and take money when people bought an animal. Andy bid for their ranch, Black Diamond, and bought a goat and a steer. My dad sat by him and bought a pig for the bank. Later that night was the Rodeo, so of course we went to that. It was really good this year I thought. Usually it kind of starts feeling like it's dragging, but it never did that this year. We had a lot of fun at the fair!

2 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

Way cute pictures! Could I get a copy of the one with Charlie Jenkins - sorry Stetson intruded on your picture. Thanks so much for all your help at the Sale - I promise I would have gone crazy without you there - you did great! Thanks again!

Brittany said...

I don't even remember the last time I went to the county fair. I'm glad you guys had tons of fun though! If I lived here in Blanding I would love to join a clogging class! I hear they're way fun and give you a pretty good work out! Do you teach clogging??