Friday, August 1, 2008

RAIN!!

The other night it started raining so hard. The picture of the pond is the pond that Andy dug last year by where our new house is going to be. It was bone dry about 30 min before we took that picture. The rain totally took out all of my mounds and rows in the garden, and the road was covered in water. The ditch by Steve and Shauna’s was almost to completely run over the road. It was so awesome! Andy and I jumped in the truck to go look for flash floods. But once we turned by Kirk and Heidi’s towards town, it basically stopped to a sprinkle, so we drove through town and then once we came back out and hit Harris Lane, the pouring started again. I don’t what we’re doing, but it must be right to get a storm like that. The picture of us soaking wet, is after we went and ran around in the back yard for a while enjoying the rain.
(sorry this is so dark, but if you look really hard you can see it)

9 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

Awesome leece! I love that you're going to have a pond!

Brittany said...

Don't you just love down poors in Blanding? I'm glad you guys enjoyed the rain!

jackster said...

How fun! You guys are so cute. Thats crazy that it filled that whole pond up!

LindseyFae* said...

You guys look like you have so much fun! I'm jealous of your trip, that would be awesome to see!

Tiffany P. said...

Talk about two people that love life! Be careful with that pond when you have little ones waddling around! We were out of town but I heard the rain was pretty awesome. It's always nice when Blanding can get some rain because it really is so rare. :)

Cheyn said...

leece...not gonna lie but you do look scary in that top pic ha ha. Kansas!! looks like you guys are having fun and did I hear you are building a house>????

Paris said...

How fun. I miss those good rain storms in Blanding. They are so few and far between. Remember when we were little and we'd run around like savages in them??? We were the coolest!

Hadley's said...

Mike isn't a very good blogger, I tried to tell him to write about his job but he would rather watch ESPN. The pictures of you in the rain was funny because Mike was standing out in a heavy rain a couple of weeks ago just loving it!

jackster said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEECE! LOVE YOU!