
This post is very long overdue, but oh wells… These are some pictures of Andy jumping his dirt bike on the track behind our house.
Our nephew Taylor has been building this track for a few years, and it’s pretty cool. There’s big jumps, little jumps, turns, and burms everywhere. This year he and Andy built some REALLY big jumps. One you could park our truck sideways in between the take-off and landing. I get so nervous watching them go off these jumps. But at the same time it is so fun to watch.
I can’t believe how they have no fear when it comes to stuff like this, they are seriously in the air for what seems like forever. It’s so fun to take the pictures and video and capture it all. We used to have some pictures of me jumping, but I’m not sure where they are, they probably got erased. 
P.S. A few days ago I had my first real crash on my bike. We were going down a road behind our house, by the hay field, and the road was pretty well covered with weeds, but we had been down this road a million times before and it was always fine. Well I was riding in the front because we weren’t wearing our goggles and it was really dusty and all of a sudden I looked down and there was about a 3 foot hole in the road. There was nothing I could do to miss it, so I just prayed that I could make it over the top. Well, it turns out I couldn’t and my bike ended up face down stuck in the hole, and I flew off my bike, doing a summersault over the handle bars, face down in the dirt with my legs in the air. My handle bars were bent back, good thing Andy can fix anything, he just pulled them and straightened them out. Very funny, I know! But it did hurt, and I think I hit my knees as I flew over the top, because I have huge bruises, and a lot of swelling. I’m walking a little funny, and I’m way sad that we didn’t get it on video or any pictures.

6 comments:
Alicia be careful!! At least Andy didn't just ask if you were okay and then ride off! haha I guess he loves you more than me... By the way happy birthday!
I'm so glad you are okay! It could have been a lot worse! I think it is awesome that you and Andy have something like this to do together - things like that really deepen a relationship.
You need to be so so careful on your motorcycle!! No more flights over the handle bars!! I'm glad you and Andy have fun riding together though.
Alicia, ouch! I am glad you are OK, and I am glad you made it off the mountain in the rain. It was sad to see you guys go, but I am glad you had fun at the fair. Thanks for your help with dinner. By the way it was Spring's little girl.
You need to be more cautious hun! Now you can show off your war wounds! Andy gets really high off of those jumps!
That seriously looks so fun! Happy -belated- Birthday!
Post a Comment