On Saturday January 10, 2009 my Dad decided to tie the knot. He married Billie May, and from what it seems they couldn’t be happier. They got married at the Blanding Stake Center at 1:00 PM, and Billie’s brother, Bishop Dale Black from Monticello performed the ceremony. He did a really good job, and if every couple would just do exactly what he said then everyone would be happy. He talked about how each person in a relationship shouldn’t just give 50% to make a perfect marriage, instead they should each be giving 150% to it and that way if the other person is having a bad day our extra % effort will make up for it. He also said that one of the most important things in a marriage is doing things together, like date night, but he said the most important thing we can do together is attend the Temple regularly. I totally agree with that.
Anyway, the ceremony was beautiful, Billie looked great and my Dad was as handsome as Ever! They just had a small wedding with close family and a few friends. After the wedding they had a lunch and served soup in soup bowls and green salad, with lots of yummy cookies and cakes for dessert. It turned out really nice. Plus it was a lot of fun to see all of my family. My sister Amber and her family couldn’t make it though because they just moved to Richland, Washington.
The night before the wedding we decided that it would be fun to steal my dad for the night. So Jeff & Chelsa, Michelle & David, and Andy & I took him to dinner, then we went back to his house and played games. It was fun to spend that one last evening with him before his big day. The next morning before the wedding, Jeff, Andy and I decided to go and try out the new guns that the guys had gotten for Christmas. It was a really nice day and turned out to be a lot of fun. Saturday night David and Michelle had us all, except for my Dad and Billie because they were on their honeymoon, over for dinner. It was a really good weekend with lots of family time.
My handsome Dad. Do you think he's nervous?
Anyway, the ceremony was beautiful, Billie looked great and my Dad was as handsome as Ever! They just had a small wedding with close family and a few friends. After the wedding they had a lunch and served soup in soup bowls and green salad, with lots of yummy cookies and cakes for dessert. It turned out really nice. Plus it was a lot of fun to see all of my family. My sister Amber and her family couldn’t make it though because they just moved to Richland, Washington.
Getting ready for the wedding to begin... Now he's nervous!
Very sweet!
Hmm....
The happy couple.
Me and my Dad
Andy was very good to keep track of my camera bag for me. Although he looks a little bored.
I kept taking pictures of Brighton during the ceremony because she would not look away from me the whole time. She doesn't look too happy.
So cute...
Billie's family
The "whole" family
My Dad's family
The night before the wedding we decided that it would be fun to steal my dad for the night. So Jeff & Chelsa, Michelle & David, and Andy & I took him to dinner, then we went back to his house and played games. It was fun to spend that one last evening with him before his big day. The next morning before the wedding, Jeff, Andy and I decided to go and try out the new guns that the guys had gotten for Christmas. It was a really nice day and turned out to be a lot of fun. Saturday night David and Michelle had us all, except for my Dad and Billie because they were on their honeymoon, over for dinner. It was a really good weekend with lots of family time.
Andy shooting his new HOWA 223.
Jeff trying out Andy's gun. I didn't post any of Jeff's new gun, but he got a Kahr 9mm. It's tiny, but pretty fun to shoot.

6 comments:
You did a really good job on that post. It was fun to see all of the pictures. Kinda weird I'm sure. But how cute are you and Andy. You really are an adorable couple. Must mean your kids will be super adorable!
Tell Dan congrats! I'm so happy for him. They look really happy and are such a cute couple! Where did they go on their honeymoon?? I love Brighton's eyes in that pic. So blue and pretty!
PS: You and Andy look so cute! :)
Congrats on the baby! Thats really exciting! & to your dad and new wife for your marriage!I just wanted to tell you that I loved your pictures that you posted from your mexico trip! We went to Cabo last week and all your pics made me so excited and helped me to decide some of the things I wanted to do! The whole time I was planning I read your blog too! We had such a good time! Such a fun place to go. Hope your doing well and start to feel better soon if you haven't already. You and Cansas have pretty close due dates I think.
Congratulations to your dad! I think that's great! They look really happy and they'll be great companions for one another. Very cool!
Congtrats to Dan!!! I didn't realize this time had already come! It looks like they'll be happy together!
Post a Comment