Monday, January 19, 2009

Poor Ruby


(Ruby playing in the snow with Stetson)

I have bad news. Our sweetest dog ever Ruby died. She went with Kenny to move cows one day (like she always loved to do) and on the way back she was in the back of the truck with Kenny’s dog Boots when they saw some cows. You have to understand Ruby, she loves to herd EVERYTHING, I swear she even thought she was herding people sometimes. Anyway, so needless to say when they came across these cows she got really excited and somehow slipped out of the back of the truck, and under the horse trailer. It was a very sad day. But poor Kenny had an even more awful day. He also found his baby horse dead in the corral. It wasn’t a good day for animals.
Ruby was a really good dog, and was awesome with all the kids. They all loved her. She was really lovey and playful and if someone fell on the ground or was sitting on the grass she was always there and would nussle her head into your arms. She loved to ride on the top of our truck, and on the 4-wheeler with us. One time she fell asleep on top of the truck and slid down the front window. On the 4-wheeler she would always put her head under our arms so she could see where we were headed. She was super fast! She would always race us wether we were in the car or on the 4-wheeler, and she would even win sometimes. She could hear if the engine was accelerating and then she would turn on her turbo and run sooo fast. She was becoming a really good cow dog. She knew what to do and if a cow started to leave the herd she would go and bite their legs and chase them back to the others. She listened really well, and did exactly what we told her to do. She could jump into the back of the truck with the tailgate up easily. When we would drive past trees or mud was flying off the tires she had this game where she would try to bite it. It was hilarious to watch. Obviously we really loved and are going to miss Ruby.

8 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh you guys, I am so sorry! It is always so hard to lose an animal...they become a part of your family! We will miss seeing Ruby when we come visit. Sadness!

Christina said...

How sad, she sounded like an awesome dog. I am sorry that happened, dogs always become a part of them family...in my family at least, so I am SUPER sorry!

Tina said...

I'm so sorry! I hated it when my dog died. Hopefully you can find another one!!

Michelle Morse said...

I'm glad to see that your Dad tied the knot and that life is going well for all of you:)

Brittany said...

That is so sad! I'm so sorry, I know how it is to love your pet so much and I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if that happened to Jack!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Oh sad Leece!! So sorry! Hopefully you'll get another one soon.

Kenny and Amber said...

So sorry about Ruby! She did restore my faith in dogs though - they actually CAN be good cow dogs. Maybe someday we can get another good cow dog. We will miss Ruby!

Francom Family said...

I'm sorry Alicia. I am going to miss being at my parents and seeing you guys drive up with a dog on top of your truck. It is so sad, sorry.