Monday, April 20, 2009

29 Weeks


Here is my 29 week shot.


I'm getting bigger and bigger!



Last Friday, April 17th, I had another dr.’s appointment. They said that everything looks good and that I am measuring exactly where I should be. I’ve been having some weird pains at the top of my stomach, they don’t hurt really bad, they are just mostly uncomfortable so I asked about them, and the dr. said that it’s probably just stretching pains. Hopefully I don’t have to “stretch” to much more. I don’t know how much bigger I can get. While at the dr. I had to drink this stuff to test for Gestational Diabetes. I knew I was going to have to drink it, and I was really worried about it because I had heard horror stories about how gross it was. Well, my appointment was in the morning, which turned out to be a blessing since I had to fast for 8 hours before I could drink this drink. The nurse brought me in the drink and I took it with me, since you have to drink it and then 1 hour later you have to come back to the dr. to get your blood drawn. I drank it in the car on the way home, and I actually kinda liked it. It helped calm my stomach because since I couldn’t eat anything I was feeling nauseous and the drink tasted just like really flat sprite, so I was relieved to have it. I haven’t heard from the dr.’s office so I’m assuming that everything is normal.
Anyway, 2 days before this appointment on Wednesday we had our last ultrasound. Our little guy looked very cute and the dr. said everything looks normal. He weighs just about 3 lbs, and is about 11 inches long. I can’t believe how fast the time is flying. There is still so much to do. Andy keeps telling me that “everything will be fine, we’re ready.” I just need to listen to him and stop worrying.
On Sunday Andy and I were able to talk in church. Normally this isn’t such a bad thing, but when you’re pregnant it’s hard enough to make it through a Hallmark commercial without crying let alone a talk in church. Needless to say I blabbered and balled through about ¾ of my talk. Andy on the other hand did an awesome job! We talked with Brother Ron Kirk from the High Council, and he talked a little about my Uncle Carroll and the influence he had on his life growing up. So that was a nice surprise. All-in-all it turned out to be a pretty good meeting.


Here are a few pictures of our little man:

If you look close you can see a very ghostly face.




Here you can see his lips, nose and chin. It looks like he has his face smashed up against a window.



Here is his very sweet profile. He's so cute already!

16 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh you look great Alicia!! And so does your little guy!! He's getting big already in that little tummy. Too cute!

Mal said...

You are looking so great! I don't know what the big deal is with the drink. I have had orange with Brody and with this one and I think it tastes pretty good! I just don't like the blood getting drawn. I feel like I'm not ready either, it's coming way to fast!

Tiffany P. said...

29 weeks is a good place to be! Even though you think you're big now, the growing really happens in the next little while, ugh I know. You look really good though, and hopefully you feel ok. cute profile pic!

oh, do you guys have a name?

Janice Twitchell said...

You look so good! believe it or not, there's so much growing left to do. you will not believe that your skin can stretch the way it does. ugh...yah! You look so good. i always heard stories about the how gross the glucose drink was, but i had orange with cambri and i loved it! it just tastes like over carbonated orange soda. glad everything is going well. he's looking so cute! can't wait to see him! do you have a name picked out?

The Haggerty Family said...

Oh you are so dang cute! Don't worry, you will get bigger but it is so worth it :)

Christina said...

Alicia you did so good on your talk! I enjoyed it so much. Your little one is going to be so stinkin' cute!!! I am excited for you both.

Jessie said...

You look great girl!!

And the drink...I totally didn't mind it either!!

Look at your little babies profile! SO CUTE!!!

And like everyone else said, it's amazing when you don't think you can get any bigger...you some how manage to do so!! Hey look at the bright side, I had some of those same "stretching pains", had a 9 pounder, and have NO stretch marks! But I do have a nice c-section scar to prove my battle wound!

Kayela said...

I am so excited for you guys. There is nothing better than a cute little boy.

Kenny and Amber said...

I'm so happy you got the ultrasound pictures posted! He is soooo cute already. You look great!

Cori Carpenter said...

How horrible am I...I had no idea you were preggers, Congrats! (very, very late)!! You look awesome Alicia! Do you have names?

Tina said...

You look so cute!!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

You look so good Leece!! I can't wait for you to have the baby. You're gonna be such a great mom! Are you still feeling good??

jackster said...

Oh my goodness! You are so dang cute Leece, did you change your hair? Its cute! So I think we're coming down the weekend of Mother's day...maybe I can come see ya if its not too busy! I can't wait for your little guy!

Paris said...

I think that you look perfect!!! I love your belly! I laughed at your diabetes screening test story because I liked the drink too. haha Mine tasted like orange pop though. I thought about asking for another swig :)

Megan said...

hi alicia im megan black my mom use to do ur hair and your were my swim teacher it great ur expecting

lcdiaz said...

You look good Leece! I cant believe its 29 weeks already! Little boys are so special and I cant wait until yours gets here!