Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vacation and Great Grandma & Grandpa


Dodger's first time meeting his Great Grandma & Grandpa Quayle


For my birthday Andy let me plan a little weekend getaway. I've been wanting to go and visit my grandparents in St. George for a really long time so I decided it would be fun to go over and see them so they could meet Dodger. Plus in June my Grandma had surgery on her hip, then a few days after surgery she went into cardiac arrest, then a few days after that my Grandpa ended up in the hospital so we really needed to get over there and see them and see how they were doing. They are doing pretty good now. My Grandma is now home from the hospital and seems to be doing better now that she is in her own territory. Besides seeing them we did some shopping for our house. We bought a fridge and a freezer for extra storage. We decided to go over to Cedar City on Friday night and spent the night there, then we headed to St. George on Saturday and came home Sunday. It was a great/needed vacation. Thanks Andy for taking me on it!



Dodger's first time in a hotel.



Our room in St. George just had a King bed in it so Dodger slept with us. This is what I found when I woke up in the morning. I love it!







Meeting Uncle Rich.


Dodger & Great Grandma Quayle


My Grandpa was so cute with him and just knelt by him on the floor and they played. Dodger loved it.


Dodger & Great Grandpa Quayle

5 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

I'm so glad Dodger got to meet your grandparents - you just never know how long they are going to be around! Also, what a fun way to celebrate your birthday! Happy Birthday, hope you had a great one!

jackster said...

I love your grandparents, I have very fond memories of Betty's house :) Sounds like you guys had a fun trip, I'm glad you got to take him over to see them, thats very nice of you. I can't wait to meet him one of these days!

Brittany said...

What a nice little trip! I'm sure your grandparents were super happy and grateful that you introduced them to Dodger.:)

Janice Twitchell said...

Leece,
I'm in love with that picture of Andy and Dodger snuggled in bed. That is so sweet! Glad you had fun seeing your grandparents. Next time you're over in Cedar let me know. I'll come meet you and we can have lunch if I'm there. If not, you're more than welcome to come stay at our house anytime. Andy and Cole would get along really well! p.s. your new haircut is so stinkin cute! Holy cow dodger is a chunk, I love it! What's your secret, I have such skinny babies!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Wow Leece sounds like your grandparents have had some bad luck lately! Hope they are ok. That is scarry! It's always nice to get out huh! Hope you had a good birthday and vacation!