Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and the very very Cute!

At 6 1/2 months Dodger started CRAWLING!! He's getting pretty fast at it and if I don't keep a good eye on him I'll lose him. It's been really fun watching him be able to go across the room to find a toy he wants or come and find us if we are in a different room. AND he's learned how to pull himself up and stand. It's so cute and helps keep him entertained.


Of course the tongue is out.




These two little mansies love to play in this drawer and take the movies out, and then put them back in.

But, these new talents of course bring on some bad things too.


It's now really hard to get him to take a nap because all he wants to do is pull himself up and stand in his crib. So the crib had to be lowered so I could get some sleep at night and stop dreaming that he fell out.


For some reason he LOVES to crawl on the tile. Well the other day I was in doing dishes and all of sudden I heard the saddest scream. So I ran in and found him laying on the tile with a huge goose egg on his forehead.


It's hard to see how bad it is in these pictures, but it was pretty purple for a few days.


Every Sunday all of Andy's family that can gets together at his parents house. While we were over there this last Sunday Dodger decided to stand up on the rocking chair. He of course slipped and scrapped his nose on the way down. I felt horrible.


The next day we were in the kitchen and he was trying to get to us, so he came over on the tile. He slipped again and landed smack dab on his nose. He was so sad. I can only imagine how bad it would hurt. Needles to say, it looks like he's been beat up.

But of course, he's not ALWAYS falling down. Most of the time he's our happy smiley boy!

We love you Buddy Bum!

5 comments:

Chey said...

Cute cute cute. I promise its normal. He is going to be one giant bruise for at least the next 10 years. Wait till he is walking in the summer. You won't be able to tell what is a bruise and what is dirt if you are looking at his shins.

Janice Twitchell said...

that is so awesome!! go dodger! he is so cute. and i'm just in love with that tongue! too funny.

Jessie said...

It's so much fun when they start learning how to do these things. But like you said, you find them getting hurt a lot more.

I can't believe that he is already crawling. Crew was a late crawler. 10 almost 11 months. Dodger will most likely be walking by then if he is already starting to pull himself up onto thing! Go Dodger GO!

Brittany said...

I guess it's because he's a boy huh? They're so active! It will just make him tougher!:)

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

He is just as cute as can be!!! I love his bright blue eyes! And I love how his tongue is always sticking out!! What a cute guy. Makes me excited for my little boy on the way :)