Monday, May 24, 2010

California Trip Cont...

Day 3:
We had previously decided to go to church in Paradise because Howard and Corrine Hurst live in this ward and since they are originally from Blanding Andy spent a lot of his free time at their house reading the Panorama. So we really wanted to see them, but it turns out they were actually in Utah for a grand kids wedding so we didn't get to see them. But we were able to see a few of Andy's other friends he had made in this ward which was really fun. I just wish we were able to take the camera in the chapel so we could have gotten a few pictures with them.

Church in Paradise




After church we drove around some more and we were able to see a few of the houses Andy had lived in while lived here.





After that we drove to Red Bluff which is a town that Andy served most of the last of his mission in and we were able to meet some really awesome people.


Dodger, Andy and I with Brother & Sister Mercer


Us with the Bogner's

We were also able to meet the Mangum's but I forgot to take my camera in with me.

That night we found a nice little forest campground that we happened to be the only occupants in and set up camp.

We took a walk down by the Trinity river. A lot of the roads were really windy and bumpy, so it was a nice break to be able to stop and rest for the night.




I'm not sure who enjoyed this walk more, Grandpa or Dodger








I love it when he looks at me like this over Andy's shoulder.

No comments: