Thursday, May 6, 2010

House Update - Stairs & Bathroom

We had a goal set that we would have our stair case all done and ready for carpet by the time we went to California (more on this to come). Andy worked his hiney off and we hired Taylor Made to come and help for a few days and guess what?... We made it!!

Andy and Josh putting in the corner pieces


Josh and Taylor making sure it is all just right





Putting the banister on.



When Andy stained and varnished the railing we had to stay at his parents house because of the fumes. But, Dodger and I kept sneaking over to take pictures and to see how things were going.

Taping off the walls





When Andy sanded in between each coat of varnish he did such a good job of vacuuming up all of the dust. It helped that his hand sander fit onto our shop vac.


Here it is with the ballisters all in.


It's so pretty! I love it!


And it just so happens that they were able to get our carpet in, and it looks awesome!


We put a different carpet in the upstairs bedrooms and we also took out the laminate flooring in Dodger's room and put carpet in there. It's so much better.


We're all ready for guests. (hint, hint)


Andy made the face frames for the upstairs bathroom.


I helped him sand them. I hate sanding. I think I'm too picky because it takes me so long!!





We decided to stain them a dark color, and I really like how they turned out.







Installing them. Now everything is done in this bathroom except for the face frames on the cabinets and the mirror, which we have but just haven't hung up.


The basically finished bathroom.

5 comments:

The Nielson Family said...

Wow!! You make building a house look easy!!

Christina said...

I love the color of your bathroom! Your staircase is gorgeous. Andy is crazy talented!!! You are one lucky girl Alicia. :)

Janice Twitchell said...

I love it! Love the stairs and banister, love the bathroom! love it all! one of these days i really do need to see it. :)

Francom Family said...

I love it all so much, I want to come by and see it soon. Good Job Guys!

Buehlers said...

You are doing an awesome job! I love what it looks like so far. Keep the updates coming.