Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dodger is 11 months old!!




HOLY COW!! Am I really going to have a 1 year old in only 1 month? I can not believe how fast time is flying by with this little guy. He's awesome! We have so much fun watching him grow and laughing at him everyday. He is so funny. I always have so many stories to tell Andy when he gets home about the crazy/funny things Dodger did that day. I didn't do a 10 month update so I may have more to say about him and the things he is now doing in this one.

  • He started walking (post on that to come)
  • He can go up and down the stairs like a pro and LOVES to do it all the time. Sometimes we do it at night a lot to wear him out.
  • He says Dada, mama, & kisses
  • Speaking of kisses, he still loves to give them. Especially when you are giving him a really good treat and he wants you to know he loves you for it. :)
  • He is now officially weaned. He did really good, I just took away one feeding a week until we were all done. I was just too worn out from nursing him and being pregnant. I tried giving him formula and he hated it, so my doc said it would be fine if I gave him whole milk, and he hates that too. So we are working on getting him to like it more. Although I'm a little worried about him not getting enough calcium now. Any suggestions?
  • He waves bye bye and waves hi.
  • If he hears clapping he knows to join in.
  • He loves music and will dance when he hears any kind, even the organ at church.
  • He loves to sing. He 'la, la, la's' in the sweetest voice.
  • We now feed him pretty much anything we are eating, except for eggs, nuts/peanut butter, & honey.
  • He loves spaghetti, lasagna & pancakes.
  • He sleeps so GOOD now! He goes to bed around 8:30 and sleeps until about 7:30 or later. And he still has 2 good naps each day.
  • I stopped swaddling him and now I just lay him in his bed to fall asleep and he has no problems! He will lay in there and either play for a little while or cry and then he's out.
  • Still NO TEETH!
  • Weights 22 lbs. (this is just our own weigh in so it could be off a little)


We moved the dvd's and put his toys in this drawer and he thinks it's the coolest thing. He loves to play in at and chuck his toys across the room.


I've been caught!

4 comments:

jackster said...

He is so dang cute! I can't believe he is almost one. I don't know if you came by again...we ended up leaving pretty early. It was fun to see you guys though, Dodger was cracking me up, he is so busy :)

Kerry said...

Alicia, feed him cheese and yogurt. He will be fine. Can't wait to see you all this summer!

Chey said...

Cutie

Jessie said...

What a cutie!!! That 11 months FLEW by!

Crew is allergic to cows milk so he can't have it or any kind of cheese or yogurt. I tried rice milk, almond milk, goats milk, etc..... refused it all!

Dr. told me to not lose sleep over it at night. He will be just fine. And whatta ya know, he is still alive and kicking! And one of the biggest kids I have seen his age.