Friday, June 24, 2011

Bronx is 8 months old!



I've been such a slacker at keeping up with posting about Bronx's new tricks. Having two kids takes up a lot of my time, go figure :) Just as long as I get it all written down at some point in time is all that matters to me.

Weight: 18.15 lbs. (10-25%)
Length: 29 inches (75 - 90 %)
Head: 17.5 inches (25-50%)
These percentiles don't seem right to me. He's such a chunky little boy that I don't know how he's only in the 10-25% for weight. So this could be wrong.

Bronx is so much fun now! It's so nice when they can start moving around on their own and can keep themselves busy for a while.

He is now eating pretty much everything that he's allowed too. He like carrots, squash, peas, sweet potatoes, pears, bananas, & peaches. He loves jello salad and to suck on pretzels. He can pick up little snacks and put them in his mouth, but I think he prefers for someone else to do the work for him. He loves to go around and find Dodger's sippy cups and drink out of them. He thinks he's really scored big when he finds one that has something other than water in it, and I become the big bully when I take it away from him. He is still nursing about 4 times a day, and he's never had formula.

He started sitting up on his own when he was almost exactly 8 months old.



He started army crawling when he was about 8 months old.



He is now full blown crawling. He has been since last week which was the end of June. He's already getting pretty good at it, and I think he loves that he can crawl over to us and up on our laps whenever he wants.


He will put up with Dodger for a few minutes is all and then he's done and wants to be saved. When he starts crying Dodger will come and tell me "baby want mommy!"



He loves bath time now. We had to start bathing the boys separately because Bronx was splashing and kicking too much and Dodger would just sit in the front of the tub and whine.



He's sleeping so much better now and usually only wakes up 1 time in the night, around 4-5:30. Then I just feed him and he goes right back to sleep, usually. He likes to sleep on his belly or his side. When I lay him down for naps he will usually just go right to sleep on his own in his crib, but sometimes he'll have to cry it out or I'll end up rocking him. Dodger is usually pretty good to leave him alone, but every once in a while he'll go in there and wake him up, it makes me so mad!


He started pulling himself up to things on 6/25/11 when he was about 8 1/2 months old. He loves this toy drawer and will sit and play at it for like 30 minutes. Or he'll crawl over to the couch and stand there and watch Dodger play.



He loves to be outside with us. Whenever the cat walks by or he sees one of Kenny's dogs he gets so excited and starts kicking his leg. I can always tell when he likes something or is really excited because that leg starts going like 100 miles an hour. It's so cute.

He knows how to give kisses. If I say "give mommy kisses" he will open his mouth and kiss my cheek with a little "mmwwaa" sound.

My biggest struggle with this child is that he won't let anyone but me or Andy hold him. He likes other people and will smile and play with them, but if someone tries to take him he grabs onto my arm with the strongest little death grip and will turn into my shoulder. And then if someone does end up taking him he just screams and screams until I get him back. At home he prefers Andy over me and will turn away from me, but when there is other people around he always wants me. I think big crowds stress him out. Even though it's way frustrating at times, I secretly love it. It's so fun to be someone's #1 favorite person. I love to sit and cuddle with him. He's such a sweet boy.

2 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

What a cute little boy! I remember when Dodger was about his age, and he would play in the toy drawer at my house forever like that! I totally agree with you on the secretly loving being someone's number one favorite person. I know it won't last forever, so I try to enjoy it now!

Ally said...

i am in love with those cheeks!