Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had so much fun for Halloween this year. Dodger has been so excited ever since we borrowed his costume from Carter like a month ago, so Halloween has been on our minds a lot!

This year Dodger was a pirate, compliments of his cousin Carter, and Bronx was a tiger, compliments of Dodger from last year. It's so nice to be able to swap costumes and re-use them. So thanks Chey for letting us borrow your costume! We may be hitting you up for Carter's Batman costume next year :)

The Saturday before Halloween the college had a carnival, so my friend Amber and I decided to take our kids. Her husband was nice enough to come along, which it's always nice to have an extra adult to help out. I took Bronx in the stroller so I didn't have to try and hold him the whole time, which turned out to be the best idea I think I've ever had. He just sat in it the whole time and didn't complain, and just watched all the people. Dodger really liked the carnival, except for the scary masks. One time he came up to me crying and shaking because he was so scared, but other than that he liked playing the little games and getting the treats.









On Sunday, the day before Halloween, we carved out pumpkins. Well, it actually was only 1 pumpkin because our kids were done after that so I decided to save the others so they could continue to be fall decorations for Thanksgiving.









Bronx loved playing in the pumpkin guts and squishing it between his fingers. Dodger on the other hand took one scoop with his hand, made a gagging noise, threw up a little in his mouth, and said it was gross. So he mostly just drew on the newspaper with a pen while I took pictures and Andy did the carving. It was still way fun though.









Halloween night did not disappoint. The kids were so excited to get dressed up again and go fill their buckets with candy. Our first stop was Grandpa Johnson's house. They each took their fair share of candy, plus Grandma Billie made them each their own sugar cookies. Then we went around to the rest of the family in town and a few friends houses before heading home to drop off Andy and Bronx to hand out candy at our house. Then I took Dodger and we went around to all of the houses in our neighborhood. Then we went and picked up Andy and Bronx and went to the spook alley at Steve & Shauna's house. They do one every year, and it's always so cute. This year they let Katie put it on, and she did an awesome job. Then our last stop was Grandma & Grandpa Black's house to play with cousins, eat some candy and then head home to eat more candy!









1 comment:

Kenny and Amber said...

Yay! Isn't Halloween the best? Your kids looked adorable . . . I was going to ask you where you got Dodger's super cute pirate cosume, now I know:)