Thursday, November 3, 2011

Deer Hunt 2011

Andy and I both drew out this year for the rifle hunt. At first we were both looking for big horns and passed up a few little ones. We always hunt out at Eastland and can usually count on seeing something big in there, but this year must have been the exception. So on Thursday I decided to go ahead and shoot a small one so we would at least get some meat this year. I ended up with a 2x3, but he's a really little 2x3. Andy's mom also drew out so he took her out to Devil's Canyon, but it was the same there, and all they saw were little ones, so he never ended up taking a shot at one because he didn't see one that he really wanted. My BIL David and niece Sage had tags too, they both came with us out to Eastland. Sage got a 2 point opening morning, it was her first deer so it was way exciting. And David ended up getting a spike the last day. My dad didn't draw out this year, but he was awesome enough to go with us and drive a lot of the days so we could all hunt. Not to mention, Michelle came over opening morning at 5:30 and stayed with my Bronx so we could go out together, and kept him that night too, plus Andy's mom kept both boys a few other nights so we could go out. We did take Dodger opening morning & evening, but decided not to wake up Bronx. They both came with us a few more times, and they were pretty good boys, but I think they had their fair share of hunting to last them until next year.



Sage and David with Sage's trophy


I think they were deciding on the next plan of attack.


An awesome sunset! This was right after I shot the deer.


Me and my trophy. Bronx looks pretty proud of his momma don't you think?


He was dancing because he was so excited that I brought chocolate donuts for breakfast.


I'm so lucky that I have so many awesome guys in my life that love me enough that the only thing I really have to do is shoot the deer, and then they take care of the "fun" stuff.

2 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

Congratulations! It seems to me that the best part of a deer hunt is the "experience" and making memories, but I'm glad you got one. I've never actually shot a deer, though I did have a tag once. I don't know if I am brave enough to actually go through with it! So, good job!

Francom Family said...

I love Bronx's picture with you, it is definitely my favorite. If you bring me chocolate donuts I promise to dance for you. Oh, who are we kidding, I will dance for you for free ;).