Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stihl Frost Black

 Stihl Frost Black
March 25, 2013
7:40 AM
7 lbs. 12 oz.
21 inches long


We've loved the name Stihl since before we had any kids and knew that we wanted to name one of our boys this.  His middle name is after is Great Grandpa Black.
 
Here's the story:  They told us we needed to be at the hospital at 4:30 AM the day of my scheduled c-section, for my 7 o'clock surgery.  I didn't believe them because it seemed to early, especially since the last time I went in at like 5:30, but they said it was necessary because of shift change.  Which didn't seem quite fair either.  Either way though, Andy's dad came over bright and early to stay with the kids and we went in at 4:30.  We then proceeded to sit there for about an hour, and then they told me to change, and fill out some papers, and then they started my IV.  Then at 6 (shift change) the new nurse came in and started running around frantically trying to get everything ready so we wouldn't be late.  She wasn't too happy, she said that the other nurses, which all happened to be male, said they didn't know they were supposed to do anything.  So they left it up to her to get it all done.  She did awesome though and we were only about 10 minutes late.

Here we are all ready to go!  We were so so so excited to find out if we were getting a boy or a girl!


After I was all prepped and ready to go, and Andy had changed into his scrubs, they wheeled me back to surgery to get my Spinal. And for some reason, lucky me, the Spinal didn't work right.  It only ended up numbing half of my body.  Luckily Dr. Jones checked if I was numb before he cut.  They kept changing my position to try and get the Spinal to move around and get me all numb but it never worked, and they thought they were going to have to put me completely out, but they tried giving me some numbing shots right in the spots that needed to be numbed, and luckily that worked.  After I was all numb we were good to go.  This c-section was worse than Bronx, I don't know if it's because the Spinal didn't work and maybe the other shots wore off fast, but by the time the baby was out and they were stuffing me back into place and stitching me up, it was really starting to hurt and be uncomfortable.  But Baby was out and all was good.  I always get so sleepy during the c-section, I don't know if it's the medicine or if I'm just ready for it all to be done and over with, but it all sort of feels like a big dream.
The anesthesiologist (Riley Pugh) was the first one to say that he thought it was a boy, and then I looked over at Andy and I said is it, and he was smiling so big and shook his head yes!!  We were so excited to get another BOY!!!  People keep asking me if I wished it was a girl, but honestly no, I'm so happy with my little guy!  He is absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way.  I am a very proud mamma! 
They took him over and cleaned him up and weighed him.  He is my biggest so far, but still seems so tiny!  They said he was 21 inches long, but at his 3 day check up they said he was 19 1/2 inches long, so I guess that's a little debatable.  But all I know is that I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!


 This was my first time seeing my little guy.  Look how cute Andy looks in scrubs :)  Our first family picture (minus the other boys of course)


 Isn't he gorgeous!





 His first visitor!  Grandpa Johnson


Because of all the extra medicine they had to give me to get me numb I couldn't nurse him, I had to first pump and throw away that milk so he didn't get it. So this is his first bottle. 





 Since I can't hardly move, Andy always get the privilege of changing all the diapers at the hospital.  Doesn't he look so happy!


Dodger and Bronx coming in with Grandma and Grandpa to meet their new little brother!  They were so excited and so good with him AND me.  They were very careful to be soft around me, it was really sweet.  As soon as Dodger sat down to hold baby Stihl, the first thing he did was start singing to him "I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck" I about died it was so sweet!  They brought the baby his first toy, a little semi truck with a tractor, and some cute little onsies from Grandma and Grandpa Black.




Oh man, do I have some cute boys!!!



I can't believe we are a family of 5!!  That's big!


I stayed at the hospital that night and let the nurses keep the baby so I could get some rest, it was very nice!  Andy stayed at home with the kids and then took them over to his parents house in the morning and came back to the hospital with me.  Andy's mom brought the older boys back to see the baby some more.  They each brought in a vase with pretty flowers, which they both picked out themselves.  They also had a cute little yellow bear around the vase that Dodger picked out.  When Dodger gave it to him, Stihl opened his eyes and Dodger said "He likes it, he just wanted his toy. Don't worry, your big brother's here"  Bronx loves him too, but he loved the ice machine at the hospital more.  Every time he came he had to go and get a cup full of ice to chow on. We went home that night around 8.  
We have had so much awesome help!!  For 2 weeks someone has had my boys so I could just rest and recover.  I feel so blessed to have the awesome family and support that we have here.  My boys are always so well taken care of.  I don't know if I'm ready to be a mom of 3 yet, but ready or not, here we go!!!

3 comments:

Steve & Darcell Bogner said...

So excited for you all. God blessed us with three boys, it was challenging, but worth it. Andy, I don't know if you've heard, but Eric was in a terrible atv accident on March 13 in Temple, TX and passed away March 18, We miss him dearly, however we've have the sealing power of eternity which gives us comfort.
Take care of those three beautiful boys.
Steve and Darcell

Cheyn said...

Leece!!! I came by to see you last week but no one was home. I brought some Ziti and left it on the counter so I hope you weren't out of town. I will have to try again. Sucky c-section!

Ally said...

Congrats!!!!! When our little girl gets a little bigger we will come and visit you guys! We will make a trip out.