Monday, October 28, 2013

Deer Hunt 2013

 We had a fun and successful deer hunt this year!  We went out early during the day and wanted to hike around and let the boys climb on rocks, because they are monkeys, and go exploring.  We found a fun little cabin just off the "East Place" which belongs to us.  My dad isn't sure whose cabin it is or was, but it was still fun to look around.  
Later that night when were driving around hunting we decided to drive back behind the little wheat field and found a big herd of bucks laying down.  We were able to sneak up on them, and I had a pretty good shot at the biggest in the group.  I was able to take him down with one shot.  He didn't drop, instead he ran off into the trees, but he didn't make it very far and we found him dead just about 30 ft. away.  Dodger and Bronx thought I was pretty cool and were so proud of me.  They were a little grossed out (mostly Dodger) when Andy was gutting it, but it didn't stop them from wanting to play with the legs and guts.  It made it way more fun for them to be there with us.
  I love all of my hunting buddies. 


































No comments: