Friday, June 13, 2008

Road Trip & Motorcycles

On Tuesday Andy and I decided to take a road trip. We left when Andy got off work around noon and headed toward Vernal Utah. We decided to take a route through Colorado that led us on the most amazing drive through a beautiful mountain pass. Andy had never been this way, and I only had 1 time about 3 years ago when I went home with one of my college roommates who is from Rangley Colorado, and Rangley just happens to be at the end of the pretty drive. Anyway from there we went to Vernal where Andy was looking at a Dirt Bike that he had found on KSL. He ended up liking the Bike so we bought it and headed home. This was another new experience for us, since we had never been to the Roosevelt, Heber City, Strawberry Lake area, and we loved it! It is so pretty up there. Utah has the most amazing landscapes; there is just so much diversity to it. We have everything from red rocks to steep canyons and beautiful mountains, what else could you want (besides the beach of course). Before actually heading home we decided to go to Pleasant Grove and pike up the dirt bike Andy had surprised me with a few days earlier (yes I am now a dirt bike owner). We originally thought Pleasant Grove was only an hour out of the way, but really it ended up being 3! So we got to Pleasant Grove at about 9 or 9:30, picked up my bike, and were headed towards home at the early hour of 10:30 PM arriving at our house at 3 AM. This ended up being one of my favorite memories since we’ve been married. There’s nothing like having no cares, and just being on an amazing drive with your husband, plus we got 2 dirt bikes! :)

11 comments:

Tiffany P. said...

I agree Leece, is sooo those little things that are so much fun. One of my favorite memories is one time when we got stuck for 5 hours. Wierd how it works that way. p.s. I tagged you!

Unknown said...

We spent a night over in the heber area for our anniversary, we left saying "we might could live here."

I'd never have guessed you for a biker chick, obviously there's more to Alicia than I knew.

Janice Twitchell said...

that's awesome leece. Having no cares and going somewhere with your husband is the best! Dirt bikes are so much fun. that's sweet that he suprised you with one!

jackster said...

Leece! Ha I want some footage of you on that dirt bike! PS did you stop in Rangely?!

lcdiaz said...

that's sweet that you got a dirt bike!! lets see some pics!

Brittany said...

I can't believe you guys just went and bought some dirt bikes!! That's awesome!! I have been to Vernal/Roosevelt a few times. I have college roomates that live there and I used to date a guy that was from there. It is really pretty up there! I agree, Utah is beautiful!!! Try living outside the state- everytime you come back to Utah you're amazed at how beautiful it is!! I love Utah!!! I hope you guys enjoy your dirt bikes but please BE CAREFUL!!!

Mal said...

I definitely love to go for rides with Brian, even with Brody it is still not so bad when he is sleeping! And awesome that you got a mortorcycle, we have actually been thinking about getting that or a scooter. Oh and about the birds, yeah I don't really know why. And it's not like if I see one then I get scared, but my little brother had some pet ones and would let them loose in the house, I guess I was just afraid they would peck me or something. Ha I don't know! :)

Tina said...

Hey Alicia! I wish Far would get a bike!!! I'm jealous you are a biker chick!! It sounds like you had a blast! I grew up north east of Strawberry by the Uinta Mountains! I agree that it is way pretty over there.

Cheyn said...

Biker buddies leece. You know that I am expecting a twin appearance in the parade.....

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

How fun leece! You guys are so cute!! You guys be careful on that dirt bike! Hey can you send me your mailing address when you get the chance? Thanks girl!

jessiepennington@hotmail.com

Jeanine said...

You are so funny, I can't believe you have a dirt bike! BE CAREFUL! They scare me- what doesn't, but seriously make Andy be careful too.