Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year, New Beginnings!

What better way to start a new year than announcing that we are going to have a baby!

How we found out:
I took 3 tests, and they all came up kind of unidentifiable, meaning they didn’t say yes, but they didn’t say no. So I waited about a week, and then made an appointment with Dr. Jones. I hadn’t really been sick except for being a little nauseous. But it seems like ever since we found out I am SOOO sick. I throw up a lot, and not just in the mornings. I had to stay home from work for 2 days because I was throwing up all day long. I couldn’t eat anything, so I guess I wasn’t throwing up, it was more of a dry heaving non-stop (sorry). Food doesn’t sound good anymore, except for popsicles. When I went to the doctor for the first time on November 14th I was 6 weeks and 5 days along, and he said that my due date is July 5th. I kept thinking that this date sounded like an important one for some reason, then on my way home I was like DUH, it’s the 4th of July. No big deal because I wanted my babies to have summer birthdays. I loved having mine in the summer. There was never school, the whole day could be about me, and it was warm so I could go swimming. We decided to go and celebrate that night we found out; we also finished pouring our basement this day, so we went over to Lamplight and had a really nice dinner, then stopped and got milkshakes on our way home. When Andy’s parents left for their mission, I kept telling people that we weren’t going to have kids until they got home because I wanted to go and pick them up. Well I still want to go and pick them up, but plans change. I just hope they aren’t too mad at us! They were the first people we told. We decided it was safe since they are in Africa. They were really excited, it was so fun! Although, I think Andy’s mom was sad that we won’t be able to go on an African Safari with them.

Up to date:
I am 15 weeks 2 days along. Our due date is July 5th or 6th, and we cannot WAIT to start this new chapter in our lives. Andy has been beaming ever since we found out, it is so cute. He is going to be such a good daddy! We found out on November 14th but decided to wait a while to tell everyone. I am still in shock a little, and when I talk to people about it, it’s weird to think it’s really me that is going to have a baby. I know this probably isn’t the best timing with us building a house and all, but don’t you worry I will still help Andy as much as I can and until the doctor says I can’t. I have been keeping a journal of how I feel and what I’ve been thinking ever since we found out, and I will post that in the near future. Until then, enjoy our good news!

28 comments:

Mal said...

Yay Alicia, that is so exciting! And we have the exact same due date, how funny! Anyway I am really excited for you, congratulations!

Grovers said...

I am so glad that you finally shared this wonderful news!! YEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

Jeanine said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you. That is awesome, you will make such a good mom.

Janice Twitchell said...

Congrats!! I hope you get over your sick stage if you're not already. I never have had to experience the throwing up part, just the extremely nauseous part. And that's not fun so I'm so sorry! There is a lady over here that was 8 months pregnant and putting her trusses on her house! Please don't be that lady okay! It's good to help with the house but don't be crazy. :o) You guys will be such great parents! I will have to come see you when we are there for the 4th if you've had the baby yet. YOu can laugh at how big I'll be (I'm only 6 weeks behind you!)

Becks said...

Hurray! Don't worry about the timing...there is always something! in my opinion (which doesn't mean too much) any time is a good time to have a baby!!!!

Christina said...

We are so excited for you guys!! CONGRATS!!! I think Charlotte will forgive you because she loves her grandbabies!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alicia! We are SO excited for you! Babies are tons of fun. :)

Noelle said...

Yay Leece! I'm so excited for you!

Kerry said...

Hooray! We are all very excited for you! Congratulations!

Tiffany P. said...

congratulations Alicia and Andy!!! I heard that a few weeks ag and have been waiting for you to post it! ok during my pregnancies I couldn't find anyting I wanted to eat, but if you dont eat it makes it soooo much worse. I remember chocolate milk was good and popcicles and lemonade. in a few weeks this all will pass and you'll feel great. summer birthdays rule!

Jessie said...

Oh my goodness Leece!! What a wonderful blessing! Babies are the best!! You are gonna love it!! Congrats to you guys!! You guys are going to be great parents!!

Unknown said...

awesome. Congratulations. You're just about as far along as we are. Fun fun.

jackster said...

Yay hun!!! I've been waiting for this post:) I'm so happy for you guys! I hope you get over your sickness soon, that sucks!

Erin said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope your feeling a little better now!

Tina said...

I have went through so many bags of popsicles! Twin Pops are the best food in my life right now! I'm so happy and excited for you both!!

Hadley's said...

We just wanted to tell you Congratulations! I told Mike but he is in the other room and just said "Good Job"; boys are lame sometimes. Sounds like you guys will have an exciting year with a new house and new family member, thats awesome. Hope you begin to feel a little bit better.

Chelle said...

Congratulations Alicia and Andy!!! That is such exciting news!!!

Brooke said...

Leece,
I am so glad for you!
Here is something that worked really good for me with the sickies
a little sip (or a big one) of Coke first thing in the morning. Followed by saltine. Tried and true. I was so sick with Aysia, I couldn't handle it, so my aunt told me to do this, I was so willing to try anything. I don't know if it works for everyone, but, just in case it does I thought I would tell you cause it makes me sad to her when people are sick. ;(
You and Andy will be great great parents. I am so happy for you! You are a neat amazing person. I wish I saw you more, I guess building a house takes ALOT of time huh! ;)
Your great alicia, or and Andy too!
brookie

Kayela said...

That is so awesome. I am so excited for you. Sorry that you have been sick. I am glad that is something I didnt have to experience. Take the babies when you get them because you never know when you will be blessed with the opportunity. I hope you have boy. My baby will need some friends since me and JJ are so old.

Francom Family said...

Congrats!!!
I am sooooo happy for you, I have been waiting for this post. You and Andy will be the cutest, best little parents. By the way you found out on my B-day:). Let me know if you need anything, babies are so fun. Love you!

Jens and Patricia said...

Congrats! That is so exciting, it seems like so many people are having babies now so he or she should have lots of friends! Babies are so much fun so enjoy every bit of it!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Congrats! I'm gladd you finally posted it and let everyone know!! Can't wait for you! Hope you're feeling better. Be sure to post pics of your cute belly!! :)

The Lacy Family said...

CONGRATS YOU TOO! babies are so much fun

LindseyFae* said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys! And summer really is a great time to have a little one. When they're teeny, there aren't as many bad germs that everyone is passing around. You guys are going to be such cute parents! I hope you start feeling better, soon. :(

Mal said...

Hey, I don't think I need to send you a new invite, I just changed the address of my old blog and am now keeping the old address for the people that want to see when I have updated. I don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, if for some reason you can't get into my blog let me know and I will send you a new invite.

Brittany said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! That's so exciting!! You two are going to be great parents!!

Kenny and Amber said...

Wow - lots of comments! It looks like a lot of people read your blog - mine, maybe one or two - probably none, oh well, it is mostly just for me anyway. I'm glad you finally posted the news! We are so excited for you guys! Best wishes for a great pregnancy. You guys will be awesome parents!

Clayton & Kim said...

Happy Happy Day!