We had Paul Clark come and set the main beam in our house with his crane. It was really neat to watch and take pictures of. I don’t know what we would have done without him. The beam sits 23 ft in the air, and it was originally supposed to sit 29 ft in the air, but since that is how tall our vaulted ceiling is we decided that 29 ft was a little high, so we decided to lower it. Needless to say, to get it up and resting on those walls would have been impossible on our own. So a big Thank You to Paul!

These are the two walls that our big beam will sit on.

Here is the beam. Look how big it is next to Andy.

Paul's Crane

Getting everything hooked on. You definitely want to make sure that everything is hooked up right, because we don't want that thing crashing down.

Getting everything hooked on. You definitely want to make sure that everything is hooked up right, because we don't want that thing crashing down.


So, the crane was hooked on to the beam in the middle, and then Andy was keeping it steady with a rope on the end.

There it goes!

Almost there!

You can see how the bigger wall is quite a bit higher than the smaller wall. The beam was supposed to sit on the TOP of that. CRAZY!

Andy had to climb up and nail it into place.


Here he had to climb up in the middle to unhook the crane. I get so nervous watching him do this kind of stuff.

There it is in all it's glory. :)

Next we started to frame up the rest of the upstairs walls.

See, I really do help.

You can see in this picture where the cat walk will be upstairs. The living room and foyer will both have vaulted ceilings.

Making cuts.

Andy is crazy and climbs on the EDGE of the man lift. UGH! It makes my stomach nervous.

Steve walking on the wall. It was very windy this day, and on both sides of him is about a 15 ft. drop off.

We built this dormer wall on the other side because the lines were already chalked over there, so to get it across the foyer we had to slide it across this board. It wasn't too fun with all the wind.
I still have a lot more to post to get me all updated, but I decided to break it up so it wasn't so long. So more house updates coming soon.



9 comments:
Hey here's the slush recipe. It's pretty easy.
Add to blender in this order
Tropical Punch Kool Aid
1 cup sugar
Ice to the top
A cup or two or water.
Blend
I'll have to check out this CSI Miami show. Thanks for the tip.
Wow looks awesome! I'm glad it's coming along! When do you think you'll be done? When do you find out what you're having?!?! Hope you're feeling better :)
That's so weird to see those pictures, because Clint and I also had Paul set our beams, except we had 2 of them to put up. So cool to see it all done, but scary watching it all go up. Isn't Paul amazing. Your house is going to be gorgeous, and hey we want baby updates too-lol!
Wow! That's one tall wall!! Your house is really coming along though! Yay!!
YAY!! Its coming along!! How exciting!! You make sure those boys are careful up on the roof!!
I love the updates! I love it, it is so big! No more footer blues huh?! It is scary watching those boys up there though.
Nice house!! Can't wait to come and see it and maybe possibly take a tour in April when we're down! p.s. your belly is so cute!
Wow, your house looks so awesome, I am so excited for you!
I can't wait to see it when it's finished! I am not someone who can look at all of that and have he slightest clue how it's going to look when it's done. I think it's awesome that you guys are helping build it.
Post a Comment