A while ago we decided that we could get by with one vehicle and we decided to sale my car. It was a really hard decision for me because it was my Mom’s car, but we decided it was for the best. It worked out really well since we live so close to work. When it’s warm we would either drive the 4-wheeler, my scooter or our motorcycles to work. Once it got cold, Andy would still usually drive one of those and I would take the truck. Throughout the day we would end up switching around our transportation a few times, but it always worked out. And it would still work out except that a car seat doesn’t fit in Andy’s Tacoma, and I’m not sure but it may be frowned upon to strap a car seat to the back of my scooter, I guess I could put him in a backpack, he may actually enjoy it. Anyway, we decided that now would be a good time to get a new vehicle. So we headed up north over Valentine’s weekend and went car shopping. We had found some that we wanted to look at on the KSL Classifieds, so we started with those ones. The first one we looked at is actually the one we ended up getting. It’s a Black 2005 Toyota 4Runner. It has a third row seat that we can take in and out, which is nice so we can grow into it. So far I really, really like it. I’m way excited that it has 4-wheel drive and that we can pull a trailer with it. Funny story… When we were looking at it the lady asked her husband if he had showed us the button thing that you use when it snows. Does she really not know what 4-wheel drive is? ...

We stayed at my brother’s Friday and Saturday night and did a little shopping, and by little I mean a lot! I had no idea how expensive babies are. We started buying our diaper and wipes supply and car seat, plus Chelsa made me a list of things that we will need that I probably wouldn’t think of. Needless to say we got a lot of supplies, but I’m sure we aren’t even half way prepared. Saturday night we went out to eat with Jeff and Chey for Valentines. We wanted to go to The Cheesecake Factory, but the wait was 4 hours so we settled on a no wait at Wingers. It was still yummy and we got free asphalt pie. :)
Here is my 20 week Belly Pictures:
I made Chelsa get a prego picture with me. You can tell she's real happy about it. She's due the middle of March and I'm due the first of July. She is still so tiny!
We are both having boys and I'm so excited. Since Andy and I are both the youngest I've always been worried that our kids wouldn't have any cousins their own age, but this one will. Hopefully they are little terrors together.
9 comments:
Me likey the car!! And your right, I don't think it would be the greatest idea to take a baby to work on a scooter. Maybe if you strapped him in a baby bjorn or something...then that might be okay. :-)
And yes, babies require A LOT of stuff! But isnt it so much fun!?!?!
amen to babies being expensive. I added up how much we spent in diapers a month....$50!! So glad we're potty training! But it won't be long before I have to buy more! Your belly is so cute! Love the car!
Love the new ride!! I didn't know Chelsa is prego too! How cute to have boys together! Yes....get ready to fork out the money for the little one. But it's so totally worth it and so much fun!
My advice to you is dont buy any newborn clothes or diapers. We didnt buy any but were given some and our basically 11 pound baby is way to big for them so they got packed up to give to someone else. You never know how big your baby will end up being. I love your car. I saw you in it the other day when I was out for a walk and did not recognize it was you until you had passed. That is so fun that Jeff is going to have a little boy around the same time. It is always fun to have cousins the same age. Now if Michelle could just have one that would be even better.
I love the new car!! Nice!!! You're one to speak about being a tiny pregnant girl!! You're so tiny too! Lots of stuff for babies huh? Don't buy everything cause you know you'll get tons of stuff for your baby shower(s)!
I didn't know that Chelsa was prego, that will be so fun to have kids the same age.
Yeah I was really excited to see her and so was Sadie it had been a while. The only bad part was that Sadie had been saying Jackie the whole week before and even when we were there just not to Jackie. But we had a great time.
What a nice car. I'm very jealous! Your 20 week belly is soooo cute! I can't wait to see it in person! Did you get my voicemail on Sunday? I finally got your phone number from Jack.
I didn't know Chelsa was prego either, that will be fun for you guys! Your house is coming along good, it looks awesome!
Post a Comment