For the last few months Andy has been working at my Dad’s house helping him remodel his master bedroom and bathroom, so not a whole lot has been happening at our house. Last week Andy decided to put off my Dad’s house for a while and focus on our house because we needed to have a few things done before the plumber could finish and the electricians could start. It’s been fun working on the house again, although Andy has been putting in really long hours. He goes to work at 6:00AM, then when he gets off work at 2:00 he heads down to our house until about 9:00 PM. Poor guy doesn’t take a lunch break so he ends up starving all day! One of my most favorite things that have been completed (construction style) so far is the stairs! We were having to just use ladders, which is not very fun for anyone, let alone someone who is 5 months pregnant! My big belly was getting in the way.

A few weeks ago we had the privelage of having the teachers of the 8th ward come and help us with our house. Those boys are hard workers!
Before we had stairs:

This was headed down to the basement. Before we had this hole cut out we had to walk all the way around the house to get downstairs.

here is the deadly ladder leading upstairs. This was the scary one.
During the bulding of the stairs:

Here is Andy working on putting the stairs together.
After, with stairs:

YAY!! Here I'm taking the picture looking in through our front door. I love how they look so far.

The stairs leading to our basement. This saves us so much time!
As you can see the plumber has done a lot of work! This is our jet tub in our master bathroom (which I am SO excited about).

And obviously the electricians have been here, look at all those wires. We had to decide where we wanted all the lights and switches and plug ins. I thought I was prepared for when they came, but I wasn't. It's hard/scary to try to know exactly where everything is going to be when the house is all done! Luckily the electricians know what they are doing and had really good ideas and suggestions. I think they are basically done roughing all of the electricity in... Yay for progress!
6 comments:
Michelle said she was really happy you finally got stairs too! Funny story I guess. Too bad you didn't get a picture of her falling! It all looks really amazing-and so does your dad's house. Andy is one talented guy!
Lookin' so good! Hurray for new houses. It's fun to see the progress...I know it is slow, but SO worth it. It was fun to see you for a split second on Sunday...you are looking so darn cute! Are you feeling good? I loved the middle stage of pregnancy...the first part I was sick, and the last month or two is a bit uncomfortable - but the middle was GREAT...at least for me! Hope all is well!
Your house is looking so great! I would be excited about stairs and the tub too! Hopefully you are feeling great and everything is wonderful!!
Hey the house looks great! I'm really glad that you (the 5 months pregnant girl) doesn't have to walk up and down ladders anymore...that freaks me out! Yay for stairs!!! I love seeing the progress on the house, it's fun.
That looks AWESOME!! Building a house comes with A LOT of decisions! Decisions I was NOT prepared to make!! So im glad that you guys have people actually giving you input! It will be done before yo know it!!
Yay for stairs! I am going to have to come and see them. Your house is looking so good, I am so excited for you guys! You are lucky that Andy is such a hard worker - honestly, if Kenny were building a house, we might have the basement dug by now! Good job Andy!
Post a Comment