Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I am 24 weeks and 2 days along. I am well over the half way mark, which makes me excited and nervous all at once. It’s so crazy to think about how our lives are about to change. I keep having crazy dreams about the baby. The other night I had one where the doctor’s office gave us a tiny little doll like thing that was about the size of 2 grains of rice, it was living and it was a girl. They said that it was a new thing and that everyone expecting a new baby had to do this so they could see if we would be good parents. We had to take care of her and keep her alive and take her everywhere with us. So we were feeding her, and putting her to bed, then one night I was giving her a bath and I lost her in the water. I was so scared but luckily I found her. So I decided to attach her to a chain and ware her like a bracelet. This worked pretty well, but she was growing. Eventually she turned into a cupcake. Then we were shopping one day and we saw one of our friends and she told us that when her’s became a cupcake she just ate it. . . That’s not even the weirdest of my dreams. Is that normal?


I’ve been feeling a lot better lately. Every few days I relapse though and get a great big dose of morning sickness. If I can drink a glass of milk before it gets too bad then it will usually make me feel better. I used to buy one gallon of milk every couple of weeks, but we go through so much now since it always sounds good to me, that I’ve been buying 2-3 per week. My belly is growing so much (as you can see). I’ve been feeling the baby move a lot. He doesn’t bother me at nights though; it’s mostly during the evenings before I go to bed. A few nights I’ve woken up to use the restroom and I can feel either a head or a tiny bum. It’s so hard and feels like a ball, so of course I wake Andy up to feel him too. It’s been a lot of fun feeling him move and wondering what on earth he’s doing. I’ve been getting a lot of Charlie horses that wake me up in the middle of the night. Andy laughs at me as I walk around the room at 2 in the morning trying to get it to go away. I’ve been trying to eat a lot of bananas to help me not get them, but I don’t really like them, actually I think I’m a little allergic because I always get a fat lip after I eat one unless I eat something else right after.


On a very HAPPY note:
We have a new nephew!!!
Carter Quayle Johnson was born on March 13, 2009. He weighed 7 lbs. 1 ounce and is very, very CUTE! Chelsa and Carter are both doing really good, and are home adjusting to life.

I am exactly 24 weeks in these pictures. I'm getting big!


17 comments:

Kerry said...

Alicia, that's hilarious! Seriously, I was jus talking to some friends the other day and they we were all talking about how we all have super weird dreams when we are pregnant. You should keep a dream journal. That would be really funny to go back and read later!

And it sounds like you need to make yourself some cupcakes! I have a really yummy recipe for cookies and cream cupcakes, and I have even made them using the vanilla oreos instead too. Yum! let me know if you want it!

Janice Twitchell said...

I always have extremely weird dreams!! don't worry, it's really normal. I once had a dream that pres. hinkley came in and told me what to name my baby. it was cole's grandma's name. Gretha. But our baby was a boy! Good luck, you're so close!! I love feeling the baby move!

Brittany said...

That is a very weird dream I'd have to say but I'm sure it's pretty normal to have those types of dreams when you're pregnant.:) Congratulations on the new nephew! I'm sure he's adorable! And soon enough he'll have a cousin to hang out with.:) Oh P.S....you look super cute!! I love your cute belly!

Tiffany P. said...

Ok, I get a charlie horse every night without fail. The first time i COMPLETELY panicked and started screaming, I had no idea what it was, dang they hurt! Milk is a life-saver for me too, especially those chocolate breakfast drinks. YUM. I am like you, I'll think for the most part my sickness is gone but about every 3 days I have a really bad day. UGH.
I went to your new house to take Dev a treat a few days ago and I love it! Well what I can tell of it, I am really bad at seeing and picturing what houses will look like at that stage.
I had a dream last night that I got these really cool antique doors to re-finish and they were haunted and started knocking in the night!

Anonymous said...

I love the dream! I had weird dreams too and now I keep having them.

Jessie said...

Im dying laughing about your dream! A grain of rice....a cupcake.....HILARIOUS!!!

YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!

Tina said...

You look cute!! I have crazy dreams too and they seem so real. I also still get the dang charlie horses in my cramps almost every night. I figured out that I can't point my toes when I stretch or I get them really bad. I hope you start feeling better EVERY day!!

Paris said...

You look so cute Leece!! I freaking love your belly. I was laughing so hard at your dream. It was hilarious

Francom Family said...

Alicia, your dream is cracking me up. I am so excited for you to have your baby:). Your house is looking great, how fun.

Mal said...

Haha what a funny dream! I haven't had many this time, but with Brody I know I had some weird ones. I too am having the charlie horse problem. I got one when I was changing Brody's diaper so Brian had to take over, he thought I was just trying to get out of it until he saw my foot all curled up, ugh they are the worst! You are looking great and I love your shirt! I need to find me some cute maternity clothes, nothing fits me these days!

LindseyFae* said...

You seriously look adorable! Your dream cracked me up.. I had lots of extra crazy ones when I was pregnant with Bentley. I kept dreaming that she was born walking, or that she was this freaky little thing with huge teeth. In one of my pregnancy magazines they gave six common pregnancy dreams and I had been having five of them. They said that they meant things like you're overwhelmed or you're stressed. But I don't think I saw one about a cupcake baby!

I got horrible charlie horses in my legs. I hated it! I read if you eat a banana before bed you wouldn't get them (for potassium). I tried it and it worked! So now you can do bananas and milk before bed.

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Love the dream! I always had crazy dreams too! Usually that Daniel left me for another woman...gay crap like that! I love the belly too! You look so good! I also got leg cramps every night. I would do the same thing...walk around the room at like 2 in the morning! Love you Leece!!

Kenny and Amber said...

You are so cute! And, as I told you before the dreams and the charlie horses are completely normal. You are in the best part of the pregnancy - in my opinion. At the first you are sick, and at the end you are uncomfortable - but the middle is great! Good Luck!

Cody and Kristin said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog! Congrats on the pregnancy! It's fun being a mom, you will love it! I am sad Addie is growing so fast...I miss when she was a baby baby, but the sleep now is definately nice! I get my fill of baby babies at work so for now we are good! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I hope all goes well and you look cute prego! My stomach was funny looking because it was so low...lots of people told me I looked like a character from a dr. seuss book!

jackster said...

Hahaha you're dream is hilarious, I have crazy dreams like that all the time. I'll have to tell Cole I'm not the only one :) Your belly is so dang cute! I can't believe how far along you already are. Hopefully I'll see you before too long... Love ya!

Kara said...

Oh my your dream made my night! I seriously just started laughing out loud my husband is so confused right now lol. Anyway funny! and Congrats! You look sooo cute pregnant!

Andrea said...

Alicia you look so cute! The dreams make me laugh. I have had some really wierd dreams when I was pregnant. When I was pregnant with Brigham I dreamt that he was a half monkey half human baby. He was really wierd looking!!! Tell Jeff congrats. I missed you at clogging this week.