Monday, June 8, 2009

36 Weeks!!


Here I am at 35 weeks, which was actually a week ago. Andy and I were in a fun mood and I decided to take a different kind of pregnant belly picture.

Things are going really good. I haven’t had any problems and I can’t complain (too much). I can still mow the lawn and shave my legs so Andy can’t complain too much either. It’s really hard for me to bend over and stand back up. My stomach gets really tight when I stand back up and I have to wait for a minute for it to loosen again. I can still paint my toes but it isn’t comfortable at all. Luckily my family all came down this last weekend to re-roof my dad’s house and my SIL Chelsa was nice enough to paint them for me. Not only did she paint them she also gave me an amazing foot rub. Thanks Chey! Andy's been really good to help me put shoes on and lotion my feet if he's home. I'm very thankful for it to be summer and flip-flop season. My right foot gets a little swollen at night. I feel like I’m getting bigger and bigger every day. The other day Andy and I were walking into the grocery store and these 2 people were sitting at a table outside the store and I could hear them laughing so I looked over at them and they were laughing at ME! It was kinda sad. I had a doctor’s appointment a few weeks ago and he gave me hope that I may end up having the baby in June. He didn’t have any reason to think so except for his doctor’s experience. I’m hoping his experience pays off and he’s right. I think I’ll be sad though when I do have the baby because I LOVE to feel him moving around inside me. We’ve been doing a lot of cleaning trying to get things ready for this little guy to get here. I guess maybe you could say we are starting the nesting process. Mostly we’ve had to move a bunch of stuff out of our bedroom because it’s been acting as a storage room for us also. We now have the bassinet and rocking chair in our room so I won’t have to go too far in the night. We’ll see how long it lasts to have him sleeping in our room. I've been having trouble sleeping at night. I think It's mostly from being uncomfortable and having to use the restroom. Andy’s family is all coming this weekend and the next to help Kenny and Amber move their cows up the mountain and we are planning on camping. I’ve been so excited for this all year so hopefully things will still be going good and I’ll get to go.

We are both so excited to have the baby, Andy is like a little kid in a candy store. I can’t wait to see him being dad to our little guy. I know he’s going to do such an awesome job!

8 comments:

Jens and Patricia said...

You look so great! I can't even do the splits when I am not pregnant..not even close! That is awesome. I am glad you haven't had any problems tho cuz that is such a relief! good luck with the rest!

The Haggerty Family said...

Oh my gosh you are so cute. I can't even do the splits when I'm not pregnant. Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see pics of the new baby :)

Christina said...

Alicia that gives me a charlie-horse just looking at that picture! With how busy you are, you just might have that baby early! Don't feel bad about the people laughing at you, I had a guy tell me my ankles looked like elephant feet. I was sooo swollen, but Nash came 2 weeks early. I think you look great, good luck and let everyone pamper you.

Kayela said...

Alicia I am so excited for you guys. Enjoy the moments of the baby being in you moving around. I loved it and miss it. I too had great pregnancies with my boys and it makes things easier. Good luck with the baby sleeping in your room. Asa was in our room one night and Trey was in his from day one. I cant believe that you are doing the splits at 35 weeks.

Janice Twitchell said...

Oh my gosh leece! You are so cute! Can't believe that you can still do the splits at 35 weeks! i'm so going to have to try that now! I hear ya on the non sleeping thing. I'm right there too! Hopefully you do have that baby soon so I can come see him! Mabye you'll let me take his pictures? I would love to do a newborn shoot for you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who will miss being pregnant though, I love to feel the baby moving. It's awesome! You'll like having him sleep in your room. I had Cambri in ours for 6 months, but we had no choice, we lived in the in-laws basement. She transferred well. I wouldn't worry about it. You guys will be awesome parents! p.s. it was great to chat with you on the phone last week. too bad we didn't get to see each other. One of these days I swear!! :O)

The Lacy Family said...

how in the world are you still able to do the splits pregnant! you look super cute.

Jessie said...

Your splits are killing me!! You crack me up! I probably cant even do them when I am not pregnant, let alone 36 weeks pregnant!

You are going to have that baby before you know it! How exciting!!

ps. I am SO sorry I missed your baby shower! I am in arizona right now, but I will be coming to Blanding this Saturday and I want to bring you your baby gift. Will you be around? If not, i can leave it on your doorstep. Let me know....

Mal said...

All I can say is wow... I think I would have killed myself if I even attempted to do the splits (not that I can anyway)! You really look great though! I am right there with ya about the bending over thing, with Brody's toys I move them all over towards his toy box with my feet so I only have to bend over once. Before we know it we will both be done. :)