I had my 38 week dr.’s appointment yesterday and he said that everything looked good. I had him check me and he said that I’m dilated to a 2 ½ and I’m 70% effaced. He said this means I could either go in the next few days or it could be a couple weeks. Either way will be just fine. I’m just happy to know that my body is doing what it’s supposed to. I’ve also been having some contractions and back and leg pain. The contractions aren't real regular and they don’t hurt, but I’ve still been paying close attention to them just in case. I can just see me not having any clue that I’m even in labor and sitting around when I should be at the clinic.
Andy, of course, is being amazing! He’s cooked dinner for me every night for the last couple of weeks. He even cooked his own Father’s Day meal. I tried to cook it for him but he just insisted that he likes to cook so I let him have at it, he really is an awesome cook so I won’t complain. We’re still nesting terribly bad, and trying to get everything ready. I’ve already washed the baby’s sheets a couple of times, and I’ve washed a bunch of his clothes and the blankets. We got the diaper bag ready so we can take it with us to the birthing center, we aren’t sure what we’ll need and what they provide so we just decided to be prepared. I’ve also got a bag packed for me and the camera ready.
We ended up being able to go camping last weekend and it was so much fun! I’ll post about it later. I wanted a picture of me being 38 weeks pregnant and sitting on a calf. Andy picked this one out for me to sit on, we made sure that it was still tied to the horse, and he snapped this photo.
On Sunday we went over to my Dad’s to wish him a happy Father’s Day and Michelle and her family were there so we all made our guess on when we thought I’d have the baby. Michelle thinks today, I think on Sunday the 28th, Andy thinks the 29th; I can’t remember everyone else’s guesses (we wrote them down somewhere). Does anyone else want to make a guess?

13 comments:
How exciting Leece! Your getting so close!!!
Im going to guess the 2nd of July, only because that is Grants birthday! :-)
Can't wait to see your baby!!
Alicia you are getting so close! Love the picture of you sitting on the calf. BE CAREFUL!! I am going to guess July 1st, sounds like a good day to have a baby don't you think. Good luck!
Oh you're getting so close! Are you nervous for labor? I would be but that's cause I'm a wimp.:) I'm going to go ahead and guess July 6th. I don't know why. It just seems like first time mommys rarely have their baby too early. I guess we'll see though huh? Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!
Very exciting! Hopefully you don't have to go too much longer, I don't know if I would have been able to handle the heat now that it is getting so hot! I am going to guess June 30th. Good luck Leece, can't wait to see him!
Yeah! I am getting so excited for you. My guess is June 30th, just sounds like a good day. Tell Andy if he enjoys cooking so much, he is more than welcome to come cook for us;).
I am so glad you guys were able to come and help us last week! You guys are awesome, and I know you will be awesome parents. Good luck with everything, I know you will do great!
My guess is Saturday, June 27th.
Yeah Leece! I don't care when you have the baby as long as you have it before I come down for the 4th so I can see that cute little man! Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you! p.s. your prego belly is so cute! Love the idea of the calf pic. And props to Andy for being such an awesome hubby!
Wow! I went in at 38 weeks and was 3 cm and had Cash that same night! I am going to guess this Saturday the 27th. Are you planning on having him at the birthing center then? Not going to try for epidural at the hospital? Good luck with everything that's to come!
Wow you are so close! Or maybe you've had your baby now... I'm going to guess today! Hope everything goes great!!You're a better mom than me lol by the time I was 38 weeks I made them start me haha.
Oh I am getting really excited for you guys! It's SO much fun! I'll guess July 3rd.
I want to guess..July 3. That sounds pretty good to me. So good to hear everything is moving along. Good luck with everything!!
Michelle was telling us at work about everyones guesses and so Kathie and I guessed too. She guessed the 29th and I guessed the 4th. Michelle said her guess had come and gone without no baby, so anyway Good Luck with everything. Can't wait to see pictures of your little man.
Post a Comment