Friday, June 19, 2009

My Dad's New Roof

While all the girls came to my baby shower a few weekends ago the guys went to my dad’s to re-do the shingles on his roof. He ended up with a lot of good help. Jeff and Chelsa came down, David and Andy were there, my Dad, and Curtiss Bradford came to help out too. My dad and Andy started tearing off the old shingles on Thursday night and the crew finished putting the shingles on Saturday evening. By the time they finished on Saturday they were all so exhausted. Andy was so tired that on Sunday he went to bed for the night at 5:00 PM! Their hard work paid off, because the roof looks really good. They cleaned up a bunch of old bushes around the yard too. They had to use the back hoe to pull them out, and then they loaded them in the dump truck and hauled them off. It looks like a completely different house with all the bushes and trees gone, but I think it looks a lot better. I took half a day off of work on Friday so I could hang out with the girls. We just kind of did nothing, went to lunch, and hung out. It was fun to spend some time with them.


They had a good system going where someone would lay down the shingle and someone else would nail it in. They were moving along pretty fast.





I think this picture is so cute. I love that my dad is waving.






I made them all cheer because they were finally finished. I think that they really were this excited though. From left to right: Curtiss, David, Andy, my Dad, Jeff


When the roof was too hot is when they would work on the yard.


It looks like a construction zone. Billie's poor flowers were getting trampled.



There are so many trees and bushes to be hauled off. The dump truck is full and then you can see the huge pile in front of it.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Alicia! So you asked about my hair...
I have a 1" curling iron that I just wrapped it around. It wraps around smoothly towards my roots and then I twist the ends a little bit about halfway down and then continue wrapping so they stay curled a little tighter. And then I run my fingers through it. My hair is so thick and heavy it usually falls a little bit too, that's why I use a 1" curling iron.

I'm glad it looks like everything is going well for you guys! Congrats on the little one ;)

Cheyn said...

Leece you are such a cute pregnant lady! Looks like a ton is happening - so glad you're posting. See you on the 4th!!

jackster said...

Ha sounds familiar! I love Dan, I haven't seen him in so long. I'm sad I missed you too, we really just went down and back though. We'll be there for the 4th but it might be just as hard to get together plus you might be having your little guy!

Jessie said...

Went to sleep at 5????? WOWZERS!! He must of been tired! Nothing like hard work paying off int he end tough!!

Francom Family said...

Your dad's roof really does look great, and the yard made a huge difference. I love the picture of them cheering, Curtiss looked the happiest, you must have worked him the hardest:).

Hadley's said...

I am doing so good, thank you for asking that was sweet of you. I really haven't been too sick. The only thing I complain about is headaches and my acne breakout which makes me feel like I am in 7th grade again.
I would ask how you are doing, but if you are doing the splits at 36 weeks then you must be doing pretty good. That is truly amazing. Mike was jelous of the pics of your new house. Looks fun!

Brittany said...

Those boys are such hard workers! They never stop! I can only imagine how tired they all were! I'm sure it looks great though!!!