Monday, June 29, 2009

Round Up '09

I’m finally getting around to posting some pictures from Kenny and Amber’s Round Up this year. We had so much fun camping and visiting with family and friends. All of Andy’s family was there at some point in time except for his parents who are still in Africa on their mission and Steve and Shauna’s family who went to Tennessee for a family reunion. It’s definitely one of my highlights every year. This year was a little different for me because I couldn’t go and ride and help with the branding. It’s not like I’m much help on a horse but I like to be involved. So this year instead of doing that stuff I was able to help with the food a little, watch other peoples little ones and take lots of pictures.


On Monday night we had a big family dinner and while we were waiting for the food to cook we got a visitor. This pretty little bear came right by Kenny’s cabin and just stood there and watched us for about 5-10 minutes. He was a light tan color with a dark brown face. It was really exciting to see him, but I think most of us were happy not to “run” into him again.


This is where they move the cows across the road so they can start making their way up the mountain to greener pastures :) Since I wasn't riding I kept Stetson back up at the cabin with me and my 2 SIL's Kerry and Marlene with their little kids until it was time to go down for Lunch. Well we ended up losing track of the time and we barely made it down to watch them push the second group across the road.


Very cute shot of Amber and Stetson.











Andy, Jared, Tony & Aaron

We camped again over that weekend so they could brand the cows on Saturday. My dr. said that if I felt good enough then he thought it would be fine if we were that far away from town. I felt really good so we went, although it did make me feel a little better to know that Josh Nielson and his family were gonna be there just in case :)


Before they brand they have to gather all of the cows from Big Pasture into the corral. Here they are just getting the horses ready to before they take off.





Our nephew Kade and their dog Foster. So cute!



Here they are just waiting for the branding irons to heat up.


Andy roping off of his Mom's horse Shadow.


They do really good together.





Amber giving shots.


Josh and Kenny man handling this cow.


Here Andy is roping off of Josh. He trades off so both horses get practice and don't get too tired.


Andy and Josh


Andy, Nyle Bennett and Kenny dragging a calf in


Our nephew Derick decided that he wanted to try and ride a calf this year. This is the only picture I got of it, but don't worry he was still smiling after the ride.





Look where we decided to keep the kids locked up, in the cattle chute! Just Kidding.

Thanks Kenny & Amber for letting us come and be involved!


*Disclaimer - No animals were hurt during the making of these pictures and post
.

1 comment:

Kenny and Amber said...

So glad you guys were there to help! Thanks so much! I especially like the disclaimer at the end :)