Monday, July 27, 2009

Church

Yesterday was mine and Dodger's first time back to church since he was born. I had mixed feelings about going back. I was excited to go and take the sacrament and teach our primary class and see everyone, but on the other hand I was worried about how he would act and who was going to touch him. Anyway, it went pretty good. He made it to the opening prayer and then half way through it he started crying and wouldn't stop so I had to take him out. Which means I missed being able to take the sacrament, but that's OK because I found out where the Mother's room is. After I got him calmed down we went back in and he slept for the rest of the meeting and through Sunday school (primary) and then Andy took him to Elder's Quorum and he said that he cried all through opening exercises. So after that he brought him back down to me in primary and I just took him home because it was time for him to eat anyway. Hopefully we'll be able to get a better schedule down so we don't have to leave and go home next time.


He looks so handsome in his new church outfit.

9 comments:

Tina said...

He is adorable! It is kinda scary to take them to church at first, but it gets easier.

Janice Twitchell said...

He looks so cute in his church outfit! I have the same one for our little guy. You'll figure out a schedule that works at church and then once you get used to it, your church time will change! ours is always in the middle of Cambri's nap time. but they adjust. he is so stinkin cute! can't wait to see him in person leece! you're such a great mommy. p.s. you look great!

Christina said...

I don't know if it ever gets easier. I always said a prayer before church that I wouldn't have to get up and walk out, in front of everyone, I have a phobia of that especially in the 8th ward...LOL! Nash is 14 months and we went home from church yesterday because he wouldn't settle down and then put his tooth through his lip. Good luck! Church I think is the hardest social experience with kids! So fun being a parent!!!!

Francom Family said...

Church scheduals are kind of hard to figurs out, then once you got it you switch times. He is so cute, and you look great.

Paris said...

what a cute little church outfit. I love it! Get ready to miss a lot of church now! Admit it, you love missing church ;) haha I can't wait to meet Dodger!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

He's so cute Leece!! He looks adorbale in his church outfit. You are brave for trying out church. It took me awhile to try it out. You look so good!

Brittany said...

What a handsome little man you have there!!

Jeanine said...

He looks so cute! Taking them out the first time is always hard. You are so scared about people touching them etc. Church..! Yeah, you'll find something that works for you guys.

jackster said...

Leece he is so dang cute! I'm sure its scary to take him out but you gotta do it sometime! Hopefully you'll get used to the church schedule before too long.