In our basement Andy has a wood shop with any wooding tool you could ever imagine. Well he bought this scroll saw with me in mind, knowing that I had lots of projects up my sleeve. My first one was to cut out the letters of Dodger's name to put up in his room.
My mess
To cut out the middle I had to use a jigsaw.
Then I used a belt sander to sand the edges and this cool sander to sand the insides.
Then I brought them upstairs and painted the edges brown. Then I covered them in paper that matches the rug in his room and voila!
I designed this shelf and Andy made it so I could hang the letters on. It took him about 1 hour on Saturday.
I'm so happy with the finished result!

13 comments:
CUTE! I'm impressed with your woodworking skills.
Wow that is so cute... His room is going to look amazing I am excited to see the whole room...
I love the shelf and letters! I have been wanting to do somehing with letters in Kagen's but haven't yet. :( I loved your last post too, just didn't comment sorry. He is so cute!
Super cute. I wish i could see the paper better. But I love it, will have to see in person next time we come.
That looks so cute! Don't feel bad about waiting so long to decorate. Katie is how old? And I'm just now getting around to really decorating her room. ;-)
You guys are AMAZING!!! That is so cool! We would love to do things like that. I'm way impressed!
What in the world!!!! That is so awesome!! You just took crafting to a whole different level! If I tried to do something like that, I would saw my fingers off, i just know it!!
Turned out so darling!!
Yay for projects ( I am so ready for one about now). Very very cute. And awesome that you have all the tools to do it with!
Super cute!! I love it! Gives me good ideas for my baby boy's room.:) I don't think I'm quite as handy with a jigsaw and sander though.:)
You must have listened in Marks wood shop class. Way to go ;) We're coming down to Blanding in April for Marley's homecoming, so I can't wait to see your craft in person!
Good Job! It turned out super cute. And hey, Stetson STILL doesn't have his own room that I can decorate cute for him. . . but we ARE working on it.
Those letters are way cute. I have been trying to find someone with a saw like that to cut out letters similar. Maybe someday..ha ha
I'm WAY impressed with your skills! It's so CUTE!
Post a Comment