I cannot believe Dodger is already 8 months old. That is so crazy to me! He is getting so big and learning so much. When I see him I just want to squeeze him and give him kisses all over. Who am I kidding, when I see him I DO squeeze him and kiss him all over. We weighed him a few weeks ago and he weighed 18 lbs and 15 oz. Here are a few things about Dodger at 8 months:
- Can now kick his crawling in turbo and moves REALLY fast.
- LOVES bath time. If he hears me turn the water on he gets really excited and hurries into the bathroom. He loves to play with his bath toys and will “swim” from front to back chasing them. He also loves to be on his back and kick and splash all over. By the end of his tubby I’m usually soaked.


- He is now eating the little puffs and crackers for snacks. This is really nice and will keep him busy when we go out to eat or are trying to do something.
- He loves to eat! If he sees us eating ANYTHING he will cruise over and sit there and beg like a little puppy until we give him some.
- He is a VERY good eater. He has now tried all of the fruits and veggies (except for prunes), and rice cereal and oatmeal and has loved it all. It took a few tries to get him to like peas but now he eats them like a champ.
- He sleeps through the night until about 5:30, and then he wants to eat. So I’ve started feeding him and putting him back to sleep so he can get a few more good hours before I have to wake him up.
- He walks along things and is getting better at being able to get back down to his knees from a standing position.

- Still NO teeth, although sometimes he acts like he’s teething because he loves to chew on everything.
- He is so funny and loves to tease us.
- He is always laughing.

- He does this thing where he is basically hitting everything. It’s almost like a pat-pat on the back, but on everything!
- Loves to pull hair.
- If you wear glasses, he will try and pull them off.
- He gives kisses. We just say “kisses” and he will lean in and plant one on you.
- Very ticklish
- Loves the vacuum. When I’m vacuuming he will follow me all over the house.
- Loves to play with Stetson every day, and when he is napping he crawls over, pokes at him, laughs, and tries to wake him up.

- He’s starting to learn to use a Sippy-cup.
- He loves to play with his toys, which keeps him entertained so I can get a few things done.

- I still swaddle him at night to put him to sleep. Sometimes I leave his arms out, it just depends on his mood.
- He says dada, but I don't think he knows what it means.
- His favorite place right now is the bathroom. I have to try and remember to shut the door, other wise I have a HUGE mess.
He is so much fun, we love watching him grow!
4 comments:
So cute, it's crazy how fast they start to change. These next few months they learn so much.
How fun! I love how a nice chunk of this post is about how much he likes to eat:), good eaters are so nice to have. He is so cute, what a great mom you are.
He is getting so big and is such a cutie! How fun!! Sounds like he's an active little guy too, crawling around everywhere.
What a fun post! With every item, I was like, "yup". I just wanted to add one of my favorite things is when you say something to him, and he shakes his head, "no" - it is so cute. He has the cutest little grin, and makes me smile even when I feel like screaming! It is so funny to watch him and Stetson, they are just like brothers. Thank you for letting me be a part of his life, he is such a great kid, and you guys are great parents! Love ya'
Post a Comment