Monday, March 15, 2010

House Update - Painting and Blinds

This last weekend we decided to do some more on our house. We are trying to finish the upstairs. Andy and our nephew Taylor put up some base board on Thursday, and then on Friday Andy, with the help of his parents, primed the upstairs while Dodger and I hung out at his parents house. We actually ended up staying the night there because we didn't want Dodger to be exposed to all of those paint fumes. Then on Saturday Andy and his mom painted everything. We just decided to do it all white for now until we decide what we are going to use the rooms for and how I want to decorate them. I know that's kind of boring, but oh wells because we made up for it with the bathroom. We painted it a very bright green. It may be too bright but I won't know until I get the decorations up. It's a good thing paints cheap so I can change my mind!

A few weeks ago we finally ordered our blinds! They came on Friday so we were able to put them up on Saturday after the painting was all done. This is a very big thing for me because before this we either had nothing or table cloths and shower curtains up. It's funny how something so simple can make a house look so much better.












We also decided to put a hole in one of the bedrooms for a secret door to a cool play area. If you look above the bathroom you can kind of see the hole.




And here is looking into the bathroom before:


And After:





Not too bad for a weekend's work!

7 comments:

Ben and Michelle said...

How fun! Your house looks really cute. It will be nice to have it finished. Are you guys living in Blanding?

Chey said...

The green looks like it will be sweet, can't wait to see it.

Jessie said...

It truly is amazing what blinds can do for a home! I agree!! Everything is coming right along! Looks great!

Brittany said...

You guys got a lot done. I really like the green, it's cool! Nice to have blinds now huh?? Yay, for not having to hang up shower curtains in front of the windows!:)

jackster said...

Yay! You guys are always busy with something. So how do you get to that playroom door...?

Kenny and Amber said...

It looks great! You guys work so much faster than we do! I agree blinds/curtains/decorations really do make a house a home. I think the green bathroom is going to be WAY cute! I was skeptical at first, but after seeing it, I love it!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Looks great! How fun to be getting all that stuff taken care of!