Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summer



I've been wanting to do a summer post since summer started and now it's over, I of course put it off. Oh wells.

My summer started off with me quitting my job. I had mixed feelings about it at first because I wasn't really ready to quit. I knew I wanted to quit after the baby was born, but I thought I would continue to work up until then and be able to help out financially, but everything didn't work out how I wanted it to, or so I thought, and I ended up leaving around the first of June. BUT, it turned out to be a blessing! My dream has always been to be able to take my kids swimming and to baby's hour all summer long, and I was actually able to do it. Dodger and I had so much fun, he turned into a little fish after the first couple of times I took him and would run to get in the water as soon as we got there. I even took him down the slide once and he immediately wanted to go back down. But I somehow I forgot I was pregnant and by the time I had him up the ladder and was trying to sit down with him and my big belly I decided it probably wasn't such a great idea. There just wasn't enough room.





We also went on so many cook-outs, grilled outside, and four wheeler rides. It was so nice to be able to just take off whenever I wanted and not have to worry about work. If Andy wasn't busy we would leave when he got home and go exploring down in the canyon or just around our backyard area. Dodger loves to go on the four wheeler and would be so good the whole time, no matter how long we were gone past dinner.










Dodger learned how to color, or should I say eat/break the crayons. He loved it!


I did something stupid!! I crashed my bike and had to go to the doctor to get a stress test done on the baby. I landed right on my stomach and had scratches covering my whole belly. It was pretty scary for me. I could still feel the baby moving and everything but we decided to go in and check just in case, but luckily everything was fine.


I was able to babysit 2 of my very cute nieces and nephews. Dodger loved having someone to play with besides mom.


We had a pretty fun and amazing summer. I loved being able to stay home with Dodger and spend some quality time with just me and him before the new baby arrives. I can't wait until next summer, I'm already starting to get cabin fever!

4 comments:

Steve & Darcell Bogner said...

Oh! Alicia that looks as if it would sting in the shower. Glad to hear everything is alright with the baby.
Take care.
Steve and Darcell Bogner

Jessie said...

Cute pics of Dodger at the pool!

Your hand picture makes me queazy! Glad all is well!

Kenny and Amber said...

Holy Cow girl, I didn't know you had crashed on your bike! Glad to hear you and the baby are okay. If it makes you feel better, I crashed on my scooter when I was big and pregnant with Stetson - we lived through it too. Thanks so much for tending Stetson for me!

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fun summer! I want to take Roman to baby hour next summer, that sounds fun! I can't believe you were riding your bike while you're pregnant!! Crazy girl!