Thursday, September 23, 2010

While I was away (House Update)

When I left to go up north last weekend Andy told me that the house was going to be dirty when I got back and that him and Dodger were going to hang out all weekend. So imagine my surprise when I came home to find a spotless house, biscuits in the oven and my laundry room all painted! Now all that's left is to hang the cabinet doors and put on the counter tops. I love my laundry room and can't wait for it to be finished. It's going to give me so much storage!

Before the paint:






After:






When I was putting stuff away I found another surprise in the basement. After, and I'm sure in between, of painting they also built the shelves for my food storage room downstairs. I was so happy to have these done so I could get this room organized before the baby comes.







That's not all they did! They went 4-wheeling with grandma & grandpa, went out to eat, and they started building a fort down by one of the ponds. It looks like from the pictures that they had a ton of fun!




For Dodger's bedtime snack he got a graham cracker and frosting. Luckily the sugar didn't keep him up all night.


I had so much fun getting away for the weekend and finishing up some baby shopping. I stayed at Jody's Thursday night and woke up Friday at 9 and shopped all day. Then I went to my girls night at Paris' and had a BLAST! After spending the night there I headed out for some more shopping and lunch with with Jackie and ended up at Jeff's house where I was able to spend some time with them and hang out. It was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who helped watch Dodger so Andy could work, and everyone for letting me stay at their houses and crash their weekends.

3 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

I am a little green with envy, but very happy for you as well. You'll notice that I haven't done a house update, that is because there isn't one. Anyway, I'm glad you had a fun trip, and your house looks great!

Chey said...

Sweet, Maybe your laundry room will be done when we come down. It looks good, jealous of the white, so jealous.

jackster said...

Thats a nice surprise from Andy. I need to come see your house next time I'm down. I'm so glad you were able to come up though!