Andy had to go to an electrical training course for work, and it was being offered in a bunch of different cities, so we were able to pick which one we wanted to go to. Oh and did I mention that Dodger and I were able to tag along with him? :)
So anyway, we decided on Las Vegas and I've been excited to go ever since. We decided to go through Hanksville and Tropic over to Cedar City, and let me just say it was one of the prettiest drives EVER!! It took us a few hours longer, but it was well worth it. In Cedar, we ate at Taste of Hawaii (the whole reason for going that way) and then headed down to St. George so we could go swimmng at our hotel.
The next morning we went over to visit my grandparents, and it just happened to be my Grandpa's 90th birthday! I think that is such an accomplishment. He's doing pretty good too, and is taking care of my grandma who is struggling with Alzheimer's. Since it was his birthday we took him over a cake and some balloons. It was fun to visit with them for a few hours, but then it was Dodger's nap time, so we took off for Vegas so he would sleep in the car. Plus, we had to get there right at check-in so we could get a non-smoking room.
So anyway, we decided on Las Vegas and I've been excited to go ever since. We decided to go through Hanksville and Tropic over to Cedar City, and let me just say it was one of the prettiest drives EVER!! It took us a few hours longer, but it was well worth it. In Cedar, we ate at Taste of Hawaii (the whole reason for going that way) and then headed down to St. George so we could go swimmng at our hotel.
The next morning we went over to visit my grandparents, and it just happened to be my Grandpa's 90th birthday! I think that is such an accomplishment. He's doing pretty good too, and is taking care of my grandma who is struggling with Alzheimer's. Since it was his birthday we took him over a cake and some balloons. It was fun to visit with them for a few hours, but then it was Dodger's nap time, so we took off for Vegas so he would sleep in the car. Plus, we had to get there right at check-in so we could get a non-smoking room.
My Grandpa is so cute with kids, and he still even gets down on the floor to play with them.
Dodger and his Great Grandma Quayle
He grabbed the remote and layed back on the pillows and somehow even managed to push the right button and turn on the T.V. I thought it was so funny!
While Andy was in meetings, Dodger and I just hung out in the room and went swimming. I forgot to take me camera to the pool both days. It was so nice, we were the only ones in the pool area both times we went.
This is one of my favorite parts of summer! Naked bums and tan lines!
When dad would come back to the room for lunch, it was play time!
One of the nights we decided to go to the Strip. It was fun to get out and do the Vegas thing, and Dodger loved seeing the lights and all of the weird people. He would just sit there in his stroller like this, relax and watch everyone walk by. It seems like everyone we passed had to comment on him and how cute he was, but I don't blame them.
Mom and Dodger in front of the Pirate ship.
Dad & Dodger
It was so hot! It didn't help that I'm 7 months pregnant either, but I really wanted to walk down to the Bellagio so we could see the water show. So we walked really fast because it was getting so late, and we barely made it in time. It was way worth it! This reminds me of my mom so much! It was one of her favorite things to do when we went to Las Vegas.
But it was getting late and Dodger needed to get to bed, so as soon as the show was over, we cruised back to our truck and went straight to the motel. The whole time walking back down the Strip, I just kept thinking "what if I have this baby?" I was starting to cramp and my feet were hurting so bad! I'm just happy we made it back with no incidents.
This was one of his favorite places to be when we were in the room. He loved to look down at the cars.
On the last day of Andy's training, we had to be checked out of the hotel by 1, so Dodger and I got something to eat, and then just hung out in the truck in the shade until 4:30, when Andy was finished. I don't know my way around good enough to go off on my own, I would for sure get lost!
We stayed that night in St. George again, and went swimming. We were the only ones in the pool again, and it was I think the funnest we had the whole trip. The next day we loaded everything up, went shopping a little bit and headed for home. It was so fun to get away with my little family, and it made it even better that Andy's work was paying for all of it! I can't wait until the next business trip!

3 comments:
Cute pics. Sorry I didn't come down to see you this week. Maybe next time.
I LOVE Taste of Hawaii in Cedar City! I miss that place! Yummy!
Business trips are the BEST!! Looks like you had so much fun!
I just want to pinch Dodgers naked bum bum! So cute!
Post a Comment