Friday, October 8, 2010

Dodger is 15 months old!!



I wasn't going to do another month update for Dodger until he was 18 months, but I figured I had better get one in before the baby is born just to make sure I do one.

He is such a little stinker these days. He has the funnest personality and tons of it! He will do this fake laugh when we are laughing just so he can be a part of everything, and if we act sad he will start to be sad and cry with us. He is so fun right now and I love it!

He has started to be quite the little talker and likes to mimic sounds and words he hears us say, including:
  • na-na (banana)
  • more
  • rock
  • dada
  • papa (grandpa)
  • mama (grandma)
  • momma
  • ni-ni (night-night)
  • Boda (our dog)
  • hot
  • no
  • candy
  • snack
  • kitty
  • pizza
  • babe
  • milk
I think his 2 favorites right now are hot, which he says for everything. I kind of think he thinks it means all food, plus he knows the real meaning too. And his other favorite is Boda, he says it all the time, and when he sees our dog (or others) he gets really excited and says Boda, Boda, Boda in a really high pitched voice.

He can tell you what a dog says and what a cow says. He can point to his nose, eyes, ears and likes to give a big cheesy grin to show you his teeth.



Whenever he hears or sees a car drive by he will stop whatever he is doing a wave, even if we are in the house and can't even see the vehicle.

He's my little monkey and loves to climb on everything. I have the hardest time keeping him off the table. Actually to be honest I've lost the battle and he climbs on the table a lot.




He still loves to dance whenever he hears music, whistling, tapping or any kind of beat.

He still only has 2 teeth, but I think he may be getting his top ones in. I can see them, but he hasn't been really fussy so I don't know if they stopped.

I always find him in the funniest positions when he's asleep.






When it's time to go to bed, I just say let's go night night and he will run in and get his binki and blanket and come and snuggle on my lap. Sometimes he'll even go in and get them himself if he's really tired and bring them to me and say ni-ni.

He loves to go down his dad's wood shop and "help". Andy had just cleaned out the table saw and Dodger thought it would make an awesome sand box.




He obviously needed a hair cut here. But I think the smile is so cute.


I am constantly picking messes like this up.


I love that cheesy smile!


His dad decided it was a good idea to give him oreo's, Dodger obviously agreed.


He loves to go play upstairs. It's always a mystery to me to see what toys I'll find up there the next day. Plus, he has learned to throw things down, and he thinks it's hilarious.








I always find him like this when he wakes up, just hanging out and waiting for mom.


He loves to dig around in bags, especially my purse.

He thinks it's so funny when he toots, and will laugh every time. Then he will try and toot again because he thinks it's so funny. I honestly don't know where he learned it was funny.

I can let him outside and he will just play around in the yard and not care at all if I'm around or not. Actually, I think he prefers for me to not be there. The only bad thing is that he loves to follow our dog, and our dumb dog knows it so she will wonder off just so Dodger will follow her. I get so mad!

In the morning when he's hungry he will take my hand and pull me to the kitchen and then he'll grab a spoon and go over and stand by his high chair so I will put him in. And during the day when he wants something to eat, he will just say "snack".

He is growing up so fast and learns so quickly. I love watching his mind work and seeing what adventure is going to discover next.

3 comments:

DuncanAndCandice said...

He is growing up so fast and I think he is the cutest thing!!! You guys look like you have a blast with him. I am glad you did a 15 month update.

Chey said...

Good update. He is getting so big, yet not so big. I didn't realize that they aren't even going to be 16 months apart. Holy cow! 3 more days.

Tina said...

I can't wait to see pictures! When you are feeling a bit more normal we want to come see you guys!