Monday, February 28, 2011

Dodger-isms

Dodger is talking so so much lately. He can put a few words together. It makes it so much easier to communicate with him and to be able to get him what he wants/needs. Here are a few of his favorite words and phrases from the last little while.

  • Sit Down! - He says this if he wants you to stay in one place, or if he wants you to put the baby back down so you aren't holding him anymore.
  • Hold You - This is one of my favorites. If he wants to be picked up then he'll come over and say hold you. Lately he's been putting a name with it ex: hold you momma, that means he wants me to hold him.
  • Pip (Trip)
  • Where's Boda? We gave our dog to Kenny & Amber and whenever Dodger says Boda, we say "where's Boda?" and he always says Kenny.
  • Buddy!! (Billie) - This is how he says my dad's wife's name. He also calls her grandma buddy. One time I caught him standing in the door yelling BUDDY!! into the garage.
  • Molk (Milk) - Lately this is how he's been saying milk. I don't know why.
  • The other day I said "Dodger are you stinky?" and he said "Mommy stinks!" I was laughing so hard. He's already such a tease.
  • Poopy potty. He's been really interested in the potty these days and he will tell us when he needs to go. He's gone pee quite a few times and poop only a few.
  • Pee pee potty.
  • Baby's bop (Bronx's binki)
  • Baby back (put baby down)
  • Mo (More) - He will say this when he wants more food, or more books read to him, or more music, or someone to keep singing to him.
  • Hepoo (Help you) - This means he needs help doing something.
  • See it! - He wants to be picked up and see what you're doing/making.
  • Keenix (kleenix) - He always asks for a kleenix when he has a runny noise. He even blows it.
  • Boogie - When he does happen to pick his nose and find something, he will come running over to me with it on his finger saying boogie! I'm just happy he's not eating them.
  • Yucky - He says this if his hands are dirty or if he see's something messy like a stinky diaper.
  • Pease! (please) - He will change his voice to the sweetest little high pitched voice when he says pease. So cute!
  • Want it! - This means he wants whatever it is you have.
  • Color
  • Backhoe
  • Kidteer (Skid Steer)
  • OUT! - The other day I went in his room to get him after his nap and he had woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and so when I went in he yelled OUT, and that meant I was supposed to leave until he was ready. He also says this when he is doing something he's not supposed too and he doesn't want you to see it.
  • Move

3 comments:

Chey said...

That is awesome that he has peed on the potty.

Francom Family said...

I am so impressed that you wrote these all down, good job! I too am impressed that he has already gone pee int he potty. Hopefully he will be way easy to potty train.

Kenny and Amber said...

Isn't it fun when they start to talk. Good job recording these, you will treasure them later!