
To this?
HOLY COW!!! When did this happen? He's grown up way too fast. I get so sad when they turn one. I guess I'm just not ever ready for it because I still feel like they should be tiny and never grow up. But whether I like it or not, they have to get older, and if they're going to get older they might as well be as dang cute as Bronx is!
He's such a good climber! He can get onto anything if he tries hard enough. He'll use whatever he can find as a step stool whether it be our feet, the couch pillows, a toy or whatever and he'll go as high as he can. Dodger was a good climber too, but I think Bronx has him beat!
Bronx now has 7 teeth. He's been pretty good about getting them, except for the last one. He had a fever and was sick for a day, but other than that he hasn't had too many problems.
He loves food! He likes pretty much everything we put in front of him. His favorites right now are: sweet potatoes, squash, applesauce, go-gurts, lunch meat, cheese, most of the little baby fruits, and of course anything we're eating. He prefers to feed himself. He's still nursing to go to bed at night, and once during the night.
He's doing really good with cow's milk. He's been drinking it for a few months now, and he's starting to like it more and more.
He is always so happy! And if he's not happy all I have to do is start laughing or tickle him or make a funny face and he'll forget that he was sad and start to laugh and be happy.
He's not quite walking yet. But he can take a few steps, and will even take off from the furniture on his own and walk a couple steps before falling to his knees.
He takes 2 naps a day and goes down for the night around 9:00. He's still waking up around 5:30 or 6 to eat, and then he'll go back to sleep until about 8 or 9. I'm working on breaking him of this habit! He's still a light sleeper, so I think I'm going to move his room upstairs this month so he's not right by the front door.
He still really loves his momma, but now he will take Dad if he's around, and even grandma and grandpa have won him over! He actually prefers dad, which kind of makes me sad... sometimes.
He's a VERY opinionated child. As his grandma says "he wants what he wants when he wants it!" And that honestly sums it up to a T.
He loves to give kisses, and will give anyone who's willing to get a slimy cheek a kiss. And if he really likes you, he wont stop and he'll keep on kissing and kissing and kissing.
He waves bye-bye and hi! And if we're outside playing he waves to the cars that drive by.
At one year old Bronx weighs about 21 lbs. (25th percentile) and is 29 inches tall (25th percentile)
We've had a fun birthday so far. Dodger and I went in and got him out of bed this morning singing Happy Birthday, and he was so excited! Then we played outside in the sandbox for a little while, then came in for a nap. After his nap we loaded up and packed a lunch and headed to the park to enjoy the sunshine. Amber, Kaylie & Parker came too, which was great because Bronx loves Parker, plus they gave him the cutest little outfit. Then we went and saw daddy up at work, and came home for another nap. I let Dodger choose what we had for dinner since Bronx can't yet, and he chose lasagna. We are going to have his party on Saturday so the fun will continue then.
I honestly get so happy when I think that I get to be "mommy" to this little guy and his brother forever! Whenever someone comments on his beautiful blue eyes, cute chubby cheeks, bald round head, or his chunky thighs I am so full of joy that I just want to bust open. I feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world! We love you Chuggy!

3 comments:
What a cutie!
leece i can't believe he's 1! they grow up way too fast. but seriously, how cute is he?! love it!
Isn't being a mom the best? Super cute pics!
Post a Comment