But first, we left on Wednesday at about lunch time and drove to Walsenburg for the night. We made sure and got a hotel with a swimming pool so the boys could burn off some of their built up energy from the drive there. The next day we drove the rest of the way to Olathe, KS where Tony lives. We got there pretty late, but luckily Tony's kids were still awake so our boys were able to play with them for a little while before they had to go to bed.
One of our plans while we were visiting was for the guys to do some yard work. Tony and Kerry's yard has so many trees, and they wanted a lot of them cut down. So on Friday while Tony was at work Andy and his dad went to work cutting down the trees that Tony had marked for them. They also raised up their sidewalk that had settled over the years. Then on Saturday they finished cutting down trees, and rented this huge stump machine thing that dug out most of the stumps, and then finished by hauling the stumps out to the curb. While they did this, us girls were able to just visit, do a little shopping and play with the kids.
I'm pretty sure that they were getting ready to climb onto the roof or something to cut down a tree that was
Andy was in heaven running his saw
See how many trees they have! I think they said that they've now cut down like 21 trees since they moved in. And they still have a ton back there!
Dodger loved playing with his cousins and the little neighbor friends. Funny Story: They were all playing over on the neighbors swing set/play house and I was trying to get Dodger to come in but I couldn't see him, so I went over closer and I could see the little girl sitting there and a little pair of legs right next to her, so I yelled his name again and he slowly popped up and looked at me. Then they both came over and I could tell Dodger had been sleeping and the little girl who was about 8 said that he asked if he could lay on her shoulder and then he fell asleep! So cute!! She was so sweet to just let him lay there too.
Sweet little Levi. I love his hair!
Tony using the stump machine.
These things are what were on the trees in their yard.
On Sunday we went to church and then got all packed up, and headed the 3 hours to Branson. The kids were good little boys and slept most of the way. Andy's parents had rented a 4 bedroom condo, with 2 kitchens and 4 bathrooms. It was perfect for our group. We all had our own room and bathroom with 2 living rooms for the kids to run back and forth between. Steve & Shauna's crew got here on Sunday too, so the kids were all excited to play and be out of the car. We had a yummy lasagna dinner and then visited the rest of the night. I had never been to Branson and I didn't really know what to expect. I guess I kinda thought it would be like a little western town with fake gun fights in the street and cowboys everywhere. Well, it's really nothing like that! It's more like a mini Vegas, except without all of the junk that Vegas has to offer. Branson is very family friendly and I think the craziest thing we saw was a tattoo/psychic reading parlor. If you've never been, you should definitely go.
On Monday while Bronx was asleep Andy and I took Dodger down to the lake behind the condo to throw rocks in the water and go for a walk. Our Condo was right on the edge of the lake and had the prettiest views.
Later that day after lunch we went to the fish hatchery. We got to watch a movie about the whole process and then we went outside and feed the fish. They were separated into tanks by size, and I think between all of us we probably fed them all.
Logan & Rachel
Bronx sat in his stroller pretty good most of the time, Dodger on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it.
Jessie, Shauna, Tony & Levi
After the fish hatchery we all loaded back into our vehicles and went to the theater for "The Dixie Stampede" to look at all of the horses. Plus, Andy and I were going to that show that night so we wanted to pick up our tickets. Andy's parents watched all of the kids on Monday night so all of the parents could go to a show.
Grandma & Grandpa were tons of help with our kids on this trip. My kids love them so much!
Grandpa, Dodger, Levi & Tony mesmerized by the horses.
So, like I said before we went to "The Dixie Stampede" that night. It's Dolly Parton's dinner show. She wasn't there but I guess she owns a few of them around the U.S. It was really fun, they had horses and singing and dancing and games and the best part, dinner. They don't give you any silverware to use, so you have to eat everything with your hands. And they give you TONS of food. We each got to eat:
- A Whole Rotisserie Chicken
- Hickory Smoked Barbecued Pork Loin
- Dixie Stampede's Original Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Homemade Biscuit
- Hot Buttered Corn on the Cob
- Tasty Herb-basted Potato
- Dessert
- Unlimited Pepsi, tea or coffee
On Tuesday while Bronx was napping we took Dodger down to the hot tub to do a little swimming. The hot tub was huge, that's why I say we went swimming.
After swimming we went into town to go to this cool Amish store. Mom and Dad had been there before and wanted to take us there to buy some cool knives. Mom bought a bunch of knives for Christmas gifts, and Andy had her buy some for me for Christmas, but somewhere between Branson and Blanding they were lost and we haven't seen them since.
We also decided to have our Thanksgiving meal on Tuesday because we were going to be traveling back to Tony's on Thursday. So we made do with what we had in our little kitchens and with what Mom and Kerry had thought to bring and had a really yummy Thanksgiving in our condo. Mom is so cute and even brought decorations for the table.
The kids were getting pretty hungry AND grouchy waiting for the food.
After we cleaned up dinner we all loaded into the car again and went to look at the water show at Branson Landings, a shopping center. It's kinda like the one at the Bellagio, not quite as big but still pretty cool. The kids loved it, and danced the whole time.
This was honestly how excited he was when the water started shooting out. There was colored lights and fire too.
Dad, Mom, Steve, Megan, Shauna, & Jessie
Dodger and Jessie getting groovy!
Bronx is starting to warm up to others a little more. His cousins love to hold him, so they are always taking him and trying to make him happy.
After the water show we were all supposed to go home and Mom and Dad were going to go out to see a show, The Duttons, but Dad decided he wanted to give me his ticket since I had never seen them and he's seen them a few times. So I went with Mom to the show, she was a great date! Andy was nice enough to take the kids back to the condo and put them to bed. It was way fun!
On Wednesday we decided to take Bronx swimming too, so we bundled up again and headed out into the cold to go sit in the hot tub.
Steve, Shauna and Tony took most of the kids down to the lake to go ride the paddle boats and go fishing. Dodger had so much fun. Then Andy stayed and had a nap with Bronx at the Condo and I met the others at the little park.
Rachy was helping Dodger play basketball.
Avery
Mom and Dad had gotten us all tickets to go to Silver Dollar City, so later that day around 1 we headed over. It didn't open until 1 because of the holiday I think, but we still got a good 7 hours in. It's a lot like Lagoon, except I think it's a lot bigger. Dodger was in heaven! He loved all of the rides, he's a little adrenaline junkie I think. We tried to take a picture of all of the rides he went on. Here they are:
The "Crazy Train" as Dodger called it. This was the little kids roller coaster, and the first ride he went on. He begged and begged to go on it again. So I took him again a few hours later.
The Flying Elephants. He liked being high in the air and would get mad at me if we went down.
The Tea Cups. I hate this ride, but somehow I still managed to be the one to take him.
The Pirates Ship. I think this was for sure one of his favorites. We did it 3 times I think.
The coal mine. Finally, a ride that Bronx could go on too. Our whole family went on this one.
We weren't smart and left our coats in the truck, so Andy had to walk over and get them. He took Bronx in the stroller while Dodger and I went on more rides. When he got back Bronx was asleep so we stopped for a little snack break. It started getting really cold, and once the sun went down we were all freezing. Andy was so sick this day, but he was a trooper and battled through it for the rest of us. The next day he took it easy though, I think he was really feeling the effect from the amusement park.
The Flying Swings.
That's Bronx asleep under all those blankets. The stroller worked really nice for a coat and bag carrier when the kids weren't in it.
We decided to waste some money and let Dodger play one of the games. It ended up being worth it though because he won the biggest prize!
They had all of the Christmas lights and decorations up. At night it looked really cool. They also had a Christmas light parade.
Dodger ended up falling asleep. I think he mostly liked being snuggled up in the blankets.
By dinner time the kids were so cold and miserable that they were just crying. We all needed a potty break so we just went in to the family bathroom, and both kids just calmed down and wanted to stay in there because it was so warm. Bronx just laid on the changing table soaking up the heat. I debated on getting dinner and just eating in there. NOT.
Thursday was pack up and get out of there by 10 day. Somehow we actually all made it!
Bronx & Levi. Levi is 4 months older than Bronx I think.
All of the cousins that were there: Dodger, Megan, Avery, Logan, Jessie, Katie, Bronx, Rachel, Levi.
He kept playing on the stairs while we were all packing things up and down the stairs.
On our way back to Tony's we made a detour and went through Joplin, Missouri. The destruction from the tornado was so bad, it made us so sad to see it and to think of the people who had been affected by all of it.
Yes, I let Dodger put on my makeup to keep him occupied during some of the long drives. Whatever works!
The pack-n-play was set up in the closet. Dodger was hiding in it sucking on his bop.
When we got back to Tony's we were all bringing in all of the stuff and Bronx was upstairs with me, and we were headed back down so he went to turn around to slide down on his belly, but he turned to late and ended up falling all the way down their stairs. I was at the top and watching the whole thing happen, so I started chasing him down the stairs to try and grab him and ended up lunging after him and falling down the last half of the stairs too. I watched him bang his head on the wall the whole way down and then land on the hardwood floor at the bottom, and the whole time he was looking at me and crying like, "help me!" It was so sad! Andy's mom was at the top of the stairs and saw the whole thing, which also means she saw me fall too. I don't know how she kept from laughing at seeing me fall down, maybe because it was so sad to see a baby fall. But he was OK, and was laughing again a few minutes later. He's tough!
We needed to finish up some Christmas shopping so on Friday we went with Andy's parents to a bunch of stores. Dodger liked the manican and wanted to give her a kiss.
We all went to Bass Pro Shops to visit Santa. I thought he was the cutest Santa, Bronx did NOT agree.
Neither of the babies liked Santa, good thing they're cute or they may be getting a lump of coal for Christmas.
Except for Dodger throwing up in the truck on our way to Joplin, and on our way home on Sunday, and Andy getting sick half way through the trip and then giving it to me and the kids, we had an awesome trip. It was so fun to be able to go and visit Tony and Kerry and their kids, and to go see Branson. It was nice to travel with Andy's parents too, as soon as we have another kid we wont be able to do that anymore, so I guess were taking advantage while we can.

No comments:
Post a Comment