We finally decided to take away his binki two nights ago. We had all of these great ideas planned on how we were going to do it, like a party, or take him to the store and let him buy something with his binki, but none of them panned out. Instead one night at dinner Dodger was being super grumpy and naughty, so we just told him that we were going to take it away because he was a big boy now. We also told him that when he thought he needed it he could have a sucker instead. He liked that idea. So the first night we put him to bed, with a sucker, judge if you want, and after his sucker was gone he started kicking the wall. We thought he was going to for sure kick the wall in. Then he went and started banging on the door, we had to lock him in so he didn't keep coming out. Then after about an hour he started screaming something, I wasn't paying too much attention because I thought he just wanted his bop, then all of a sudden he yells "I need to go poop!" So I hurried up there, took him potty and then let him come down and sit on our laps for a little while. Then I took him back up stairs and read him a few books and sang a few songs and he fell asleep! So it ended up taking him 2 hours to fall asleep with out the bop. The second night he screamed and kicked on the door for about an hour, and then we went and got him and he sat on Andy's lap and fell asleep at about 10, so a half hour better. I'm hoping tonight will be even better. Last night he woke up during the night, so I slipped him his bop so he'd go right back to sleep and not wake up Bronx, then before he woke up this morning I snuck into his room and took it before he could remember. I almost feel bad even taking it away because honestly it's like his best friend. He loves it so much.
We are constantly laughing at Dodger. He will randomly say "look what I'm doing" and show us one of his awesome tricks which will be something like him putting his leg on a chair or turning in a circle. Here's some more of the cute/funny things he says:
If someone gets hurt he'll go up and put his hand on you and say "you OK?" I love this. It's so sweet.
After playing outside in the cold for a while he came in and said "My feet aren't working" because they were so cold.
If he's being grumpy or falls down sometimes we laugh at him and if he's not in a good mood he always says "That not funny"
One night when Andy was giving the boys a bath he had this conversation with Dodger:
Dad - Do you love mommy?
Dodger - Yes
Dad - Do you love daddy?
Dodger - Yes
Dad - Do you love Bronx?
Dodger - Yes, AND I love Chocolate milk, and Strawberry milk, and regular milk. "
He wanted to go to the store with Andy but he didn't have his shoes on, so he said "I just go in my toes"
One morning Dodger and I were singing "I hope they call me on a mission" and after we had this conversation:
Mom - Where do you want to go on your mission too?
Dodger - To someone people's house
Mom - What people?
Dodger - My people
He's a good boy and always knows when he's tired and wants to go to bed. If it's nap time he says "I want to go down for a nap" and if it's night time he says "I want to go down for bed!"
"There's 2 Dodger's, I'm in your eyes!"
He loves to go to the store so he can see our friend Lila working there, and the last time we went he said, "Lila will give me candy, and I will giver her a hug and a kiss, and she will say that's so nice".
He spanked my bottom and said "cute bum mom!"
The other day when Andy was taking down the Christmas lights Dodger and I were outside "helping" when all of a sudden Andy hears "hi daddy". So he looks over and Dodger had climbed up the ladder and onto the roof all by himself. He then walked across the roof to the first dormer, again all by himself. It freaked me out! Andy and I were both yelling "DON"T MOVE". Luckily he stopped moving. When Andy got to him he asked him if he was scared, and of course he said NO.

1 comment:
Such a cute boy. That age they are so full of personality.
Post a Comment